a belt to wear around a jacket....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May not fit the bill, but why not get a smallish Aerostich bag? https://www.aerostich.com/packing-it-in

look at the sizes, like the letter bag or dispatch. https://www.aerostich.com/packing-it-in/sho...ks/courier-bags

I have the Parcel and the Courier. Work great and stay on my back comfortably.

Useful for many things and only as thick as you want to load it. Can be useful when not with her also ifn you need to carry something. Tether the things you like to it and maybe use the velcro to have it outside if you like. Weather resistant otherwise. Can also get a strap that goes around you to stabilze it in case of a spirited passing maneuver taking you to FJR sprinting speed.

Can't be a murse if it came from 'stich you know.

mr.paul, from Minnesota

I assume that you have considered and rejected a LEO/military style duty belt, which are available in leather, synthetic leather, and nylon, in sizes to fit everybody. Non-metal buckles won't scratch (as much). Tons of holsters and attachments are available. Without getting into the "packing heat while riding" debate, will it help or hurt if motorists (and local LEOs) think that you might be carrying? (I haven't thought that through, although the reaction in New York or California will be different than in someplace like Texas.)

How about a military type load-bearing vest? If you aren't wearing hi-viz it may give a lower visual profile.

My wife uses a fanny pack for a purse, and just wears it over the top of her one piece Roadcrafter suit. (She doesn't care what it looks like - a Hi-viz suit on her small (250 cc) and medium (800 cc) sized cruisers - looks weird enough anyway. YMMV)

The LEO version of the one-piece Roadcrafter has built in "keepers" for duty belts. If you wear a 'Stich, you might be able to get keepers added on to a civilian suit.

Doesn't she have pockets in her jacket for this stuff?
She's worried about it slipping from her gloves as she reaches in her pocket at 70 mph to pull out her camera. She'd feel more comfortable if it was someplace she could SEE that she has a good grip.
Alexi
IMHO the best place for a camera on a pillon is on a cord around the neck. That way it's readily available and you can't drop it.

That's what momma does, lanyard around the neck and puts it away in breast pocked on coat.

She's worried about it slipping from her gloves as she reaches in her pocket at 70 mph to pull out her camera. She'd feel more comfortable if it was someplace she could SEE that she has a good grip.
Alexi
IMHO the best place for a camera on a pillon is on a cord around the neck. That way it's readily available and you can't drop it.

That's what momma does, lanyard around the neck and puts it away in breast pocked on coat.
Just put your bra on backwards on the outside of your jacket.She can store stuff in the very large cups.

I think I'll pitch the lanyard and have HER wear a fannypack.

I haven't looked into the leo belts. But the military belt and police belts I remember are very thick and some belt loops just won't accommodate them. Ah it's alright. I won't be wearing this stuff daily. Just on long weekend rides.

Alexi

Just put your bra on backwards on the outside of your jacket.She can store stuff in the very large cups.
Wow. I'm torn between crying at my damaged pride and laughing through the tears at this comment.

The duty type belt mentioned is worn OVER your normal belt, hence does not need to fit through the belt loops. It is held in place typically with 4 keeper snap-on straps that wrap around the duty belt and your normal belt, thereby "keeping" it in place with no sweat.

As mentioned, there are a wealth of choices of pouches, holders, etc. which fit on the duty belt. The ones designed to hold items like protective gloves are large enough that they might be useful.

Google "Bianchi" for a look at what's available. There are many other choices as well, but Bianchi is well thought of in the LE world.

Good luck!

Don

Alexi
So get her glasses and a jacket with pockets in front? The lanyard idea is good too. Or just date a woman with better co-ordination. Most people can do this one handed. She has two hands on the camera and is still stressing?

What happens between a man an his Sheep... Stays there.Mizz bust don't need ta know. Ya know? :p

:jester:
Baa-aa means NO.

I have a pouch that came with a trauma kit, and is designed to hang off your belt with an adjustable lenght of 2" webbing and be strapped to the thigh with the attached quick-release strap. The pouch is about 6" square, and maybe 2" thick (outside dimensions). There are a number of elastic loops and webbing loops inside. It has a single zipper around 3 sides of the main pouch, and a flat exterior zippered pocket on it. Your GF would wear it, not you; so her fiddling around with it shouldn't be too distracting while you are riding. I can't tell if that will have enough volume for the stuff you want to carry.

I'm willing to mail it to you to try out. If it works, send me a few bucks to cover the cost of postage, if it doesn't work out, you can just mail it back. I don't have any immediate use for it - the contents and additonal items are in another bag and are the first aid kit for on my FJR.

If you are interested in it, send me a PM.