A Bunch Of Farkles

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heated Grips (I bought the ATV version and will putting them over the stock grips with Grip Puppies over them, works very well on my Wee)Heat-Troller for the grips (this will be going in the left switch housing)
can you elaborate on this...where/what to purchase and web sight...hints or whatever on the install...thanx

air horn easy install for max sound:

3302053092_b3cb32216b.jpg

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'

I bought the ATV Grip heaters and heat-troller form Adeventure Moto-Stuff. Great service and fast shipping.

Get the ATV version as they have the same wattage (both left and right), the regular MC ones have more power on the clutch side to make up for the heat sink of the metal bar vice the plastic tube of the throttle side.

Just wrap the heater around the stock grip, use some black tape to hold it in place and slip the Grip Puppy right over the heater. You'll have very toasty hands. You need the Heat-troller as they will get too hot even on low with the rocker switch (high/low) that comes with the grips. The Heat-Troller allows very precise control of the heat and saves juice as well. Works great!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ancient Thread Revival.
After seeing some recent posts for the "flash to pass" rocker switch on the left handlebar control pod, I did some looking on the Digikey web site. I think I'm going to order P/N SW340-ND, which is a panel rocker switch that is momentary-off-momentary SPDT. This should be perfect for the "Accel-Coast" function of the Audiovox CC. Cost is $1.51 each. I don't know if the tabs can be bent/trimmed enough to fit, though. I'll likely go with the toggle type for the "on-off" function. I may tamper with the "on" led and see if it's feasible to drill a hole on the driver's side of the control pod for it.

Pepperell
Look forward to seeing your install pics! ;)

BD,

You da man! Thanx!

Ancient Thread Revival II

Well, I finally got around to installing my Audiovox CC switches into the left bar switch cluster. Clicking on the thumbnails should take you to Pee-Bucket for larger views.

I've gotta pick up some silicon sealer this weekend for the little rubber condom for the momentary switch. I've already done a test ride, everything works as planned. The Accel/Decel functions are about as easy to reach as the throttle!

Part numbers are posted further back in this thread. The opening needed to be enlarged a bit to make the switch fit. Connection tabs need to be bent for clearance.

If your craft and soldering skills are better than my hack job, this can look factory.

So definitely no room in there for spade connectors? I think I'd rather replace the switch occasionally than use the 'boot'. It would be protected by my Handguards anyway!

Looks like a plan. Thanks for pioneering!

I've gotta pick up some silicon sealer this weekend for the little rubber condom for the momentary switch.
I don't believe it's needed as I have four of these in different positions on the bike including the right top (black) panel and they are gotten rained on numberous times with no issues.

If you do, get some oxygen safe ATV which is totally non corrosive to electrical wiring and parts