A little Christmas money

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vulcan

Reaction score
that is burning a hole in my pocket. I am planning to add a few goodies to my FJR.

1) Sliders - I want the "no cut the fairing" type. What brand.model should I get and where to buy them.

2) Power outlets - I want some sort of power distro setup that will give me several 12 volt taps (one that is unswitched for a battery tender). I was thinking of a kit. Again what kind and where to buy.

3) Battery tender ?

4) Heated grips (Don't laugh its cold here). I would like something a little better looking that the Yamaha setup. My buddy with a Harley has a very nice setup that uses dial in the end of one of the bars.

5) Bar end weights? I do get a numb hand after about 45 min on the bike.

I am hoping that I can order everything at the same time (even if from different vendors) so that I can do one massive install and not have to waste so much time removing and reinstalling all the battery panels.

I have the Audiovox CC onroute and I plan to buy Skyway's cool mount for it. I also have a Garmin Quest GPS that I want to add using a Ram mount.

Anything else you would recommend. I am thinking seriously about Reno this summer and I need to get my bike ready for the trip.

1. Moko sliders

2. Powerlet Products sells nicely designed wiring kits (unswitched power). You'll have to design your own switched power (e.g. relay off a light's supply line).

3. Yes, plugged into #2 (unswitched source).

4 + 5, can't help you (but have you done a TB sync to reduce vibes yet?)

I have not done the TB sync.....Is there a guage that you can buy to do this yourself?

Never mind.....I see Sportbike effects has one!

Last edited by a moderator: