A Month Without My FJR - Got Clipped

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanHarlan

Reaction score
well . . . I got clipped 4 weeks ago when a teenager decided she too wanted to be in my lane. Never looked, bumped my left side bag and sent my FJR into a wobble. I have a new appreciation for ABS braking . . . I was able to keep her upright until she ran out of steam and fell over. Still suffered $5,000 in damage and she only slide about 3 inches as my slider dug into the grass. Hopefull I'll have her back in the next few weeks. Ended up with a grass stain on my knee . . . really lucky and glad I practice for these moments . . . really bummed to be without my FJR for so long.

15025_1331605983823_1641228495_782142_4259204_n.jpg

Caption the teenage girl -

"Mom, I just over a biker"!

VH - very glad you're OK - that's what counts in the long run.

VH, Grass is a Good Thing! :clapping:

Glad you're just Bummed about the Waiting. :angry2:

You'll be Twisting that Throttle in No Time. :yahoo:

I was ok until I saw my coolant running down the street . . . she laid down on the curb in just the right spot to cut to coolant line open at the pump housing.

Lucky for me the driver ran right over the the cop and admitted fault. Her insurance company was at my house and writing checks within 2 days . . . so far they've been great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unreal how fast it adds up . . . . I'm wondering what it would have been if she slid 20 feet down the road . . . she really just ran out of momentum and fell over . . . not much more than a driveway drop except for the curb . . . both side bags are to be replaced and that's about $1,000 . . . right exhaust can, brake pedal, front fender, outer fork tube, moto-light, sliders, right mirror (which they said "no" until I showed them this photo - said it was paint burned by a buffer intially - ass-hats) lower body panel and coolant line . . .

Hey, she's kinda cute. Did you get her number?

Sorry 'bout your incident. Look at the bright side. While you wait for parts, you get to go test-ride a bunch of bikes. You have a good cover story - "Yeah, a teenager ran me off the road, had to lay it over."

Yikes. Glad to hear that you are O.K. I can't imagine being without my FJR for 4 weeks. I just got mine back from the shop after a day and it was killing me to ride.

Would you care to elaborate more on your incident? I love the crash analysis on the bayarearidersforum where each crash is analyzed to a great extent. Even if the crash isn't your fault, the question is asked, "what would you differently to avoid this accident?"

This picture is really, really, ugly. An '07 on it's side, and damaged. I say that's worth 5 years of hard time. Glad you weren't hurt.

PS - Really, really ugly.

The teen is talking on the phone???

I'm amazed she's not texting all of her friends!!!

Glad you weren't torn up. Keeep the rubber side down.

Yep - she's talking on her phone - called her insurance company and her parents.

The weather is really nice here today and I have no appointments . . . guess i'll wander outside and kick the dog . . . . . again.

that right there is my nightmare. I have an 07 in black cherry with the factory trunk.

She's young. She can work off the damage payment. Maybe she'll learn something useful.

especially if she was on that f8cking cell phone while causing the accident. :(

This picture is really, really, ugly. An '07 on it's side, and damaged. I say that's worth 5 years of hard time. Glad you weren't hurt.

PS - Really, really ugly.

well . . . I got clipped 4 weeks ago when a teenager decided she too wanted to be in my lane. Never looked, bumped my left side bag and sent my FJR into a wobble. I have a new appreciation for ABS braking . . . I was able to keep her upright until she ran out of steam and fell over. Still suffered $5,000 in damage and she only slide about 3 inches as my slider dug into the grass. Hopefull I'll have her back in the next few weeks. Ended up with a grass stain on my knee . . . really lucky and glad I practice for these moments . . . really bummed to be without my FJR for so long.
Couldn't you find a nice soft snowbank to lay it down in? I don't remember many warm, sunny days in April in Rochester.

I grew up in W. Irondequoit. Don't know If I'd own a bike if I was still up there and only able to ride for three months.

Gald you are o.k.

I will say this, its refreshing that she owened up to it right away instead of saying you where raceing through traffic or some BS.