A must for JMCB-2003 owners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rummy

Reaction score
It's been a while since I have posted on the FJR forum, but I wanted to let owners of JMCB-2003 Intercom Systems know about a product I found that is really awesome. It's called "Mic-Mutes" (Google it). It basically turns off the rider & passenger's open microphones. Preventing wind, engine and outside noises. When you want to talk just quickly tap the CB's-PTT switch on the J&M-2003 unit and the mic turns on. After talking, tap again to turn it off. No more open mic's too pick up noise. Works the same way for the passenger as long as passenger has a PTT switch installed on the system. Kind of like having a PTT switch for the intercom, but you don't have to hold it down, just tap off/on.

I have recently installed "Mic-Mutes" on my J&M-2003 and it works flawless for me and the wife. Really improves the J&M intercom system. Lots of Gold Wingers are running Mic-Mutes.

I have also found a post on the Internet (Google it) about interfacing Mic-Mutes to a AutoComm system.

Note: I am not affiliated with the product in any way, just wanted to share what I think is a great product.

Rummy

It's been a while since I have posted on the FJR forum, but I wanted to let owners of JMCB-2003 Intercom Systems know about a product I found that is really awesome. It's called "Mic-Mutes" (Google it). It basically turns off the rider & passenger's open microphones. Preventing wind, engine and outside noises. When you want to talk just quickly tap the CB's-PTT switch on the J&M-2003 unit and the mic turns on. After talking, tap again to turn it off. No more open mic's too pick up noise. Works the same way for the passenger as long as passenger has a PTT switch installed on the system. Kind of like having a PTT switch for the intercom, but you don't have to hold it down, just tap off/on.
I have recently installed "Mic-Mutes" on my J&M-2003 and it works flawless for me and the wife. Really improves the J&M intercom system. Lots of Gold Wingers are running Mic-Mutes.

I have also found a post on the Internet (Google it) about interfacing Mic-Mutes to a AutoComm system.

Note: I am not affiliated with the product in any way, just wanted to share what I think is a great product.

Rummy
Thanks for posting this. That'll solve a long standing problem for me.

Great find! One question though.... does this also "mute" the speakers too, or just the mics ? Basically, will music or GPS always be running through the speakers or does the mic-mute mute them too. I looked all around the mic-mute website and couldn't find an answer. Thanks!

Rummy
Thanks for posting this. That'll solve a long standing problem for me.

Great find! One question though.... does this also "mute" the speakers too, or just the mics ? Basically, will music or GPS always be running through the speakers or does the mic-mute mute them too. I looked all around the mic-mute website and couldn't find an answer. Thanks!
It only mutes the riders & passengers microphone.