A Rare FREE Accessory

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacramentoMike

Not Safe For Work
Reaction score
Or: Hints from Heloise.

Well, first I left the damn ignition turned on till I killed my battery a couple weeks back. When I went to jump start it with the heavy-duty cables in my truck, I had a HELL of a time grabbing the dinky little terminals with the big honking jumper clamps.

So I went out to the garage and found a piece of scrap bar steel. Cut it into a couple of 3-inch sections and ground the burrs off the ends. Put a couple of rubber bands around them and tossed them into my side case.

Sure enough, did the same damn thing again this week. Got the truck, got the cables out, and grabbed my handly little Jumper Cable Helpers and clamped THEM instead of the battery terminals. All I had to do was TOUCH the bars to the terminals--Voila! Helps if there's someone with you to hold one of the clamps to one of the terminals while you hit the starter, but you could do it alone too. Now if I can just invent an audible alarm that will tell me when I'm walking away from the bike with the key "on." duh.

Anyway, just send me fifty cents every time you use this idea. Royalties. Thank you.

How about just sending me $.50 every time you leave the key on. Might just lead to an early retirement... ;)

--G

How about making a small set of cables to go under your seat & or a remote plug in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike - Wouldn't it be easier to just turn the key off and never have to jump it? Just sayin'. ;)
Uh Bluesy, Sacramento Mike is even older than Papa Chuy. Think about this for a minute, FJRBluesman; even older than BeemerDonS. Thank to Sac Mike on our Forum, I don't appear quite as senile!!

I'm interested in the circumstances that lead to the need for this "accessory". My usual routine is: turn on motorcycle ignition switch, start motorcycle, ride motorcycle, park motorcycle, turn off motorcycle ignition switch. Send me your routine and I'll provide you with a new one for $1.00 that will eliminate the need for your bar steel.

Put your wallet under the seat so you have to remove the key to get it!

Unless, of couse, senility has reached the point where you can't remember where you put it . . . . :)

Put your wallet under the seat so you have to remove the key to get it!
Unless, of couse, senility has reached the point where you can't remember where you put it . . . . :)
Really nice work, Walt! Poor old Sac Mike is probably at the Denny's in Rocklin, having a cheeseburger with dcarver, trying to explain to the waitress why he can't find his "lost" wallet!

Next WFO, I'm searching every one of you bastards' saddlebags. Bet I find some Jumper Cable Helpers in there. And then, by God, I want my fifty cents. :****:
Search some of these weirdo riders bags without notice Mike, and you better wear latex gloves. I'm just sayin' there may be some ladies' underwear or sticky objects that might cause cancer or sumpin'....

:assassin:

Or: Hints from Heloise.
Well, first I left the damn ignition turned on till I killed my battery a couple weeks back. When I went to jump start it with the heavy-duty cables in my truck, I had a HELL of a time grabbing the dinky little terminals with the big honking jumper clamps.

So I went out to the garage and found a piece of scrap bar steel. Cut it into a couple of 3-inch sections and ground the burrs off the ends. Put a couple of rubber bands around them and tossed them into my side case.

Sure enough, did the same damn thing again this week. Got the truck, got the cables out, and grabbed my handly little Jumper Cable Helpers and clamped THEM instead of the battery terminals. All I had to do was TOUCH the bars to the terminals--Voila! Helps if there's someone with you to hold one of the clamps to one of the terminals while you hit the starter, but you could do it alone too. Now if I can just invent an audible alarm that will tell me when I'm walking away from the bike with the key "on." duh.

Anyway, just send me fifty cents every time you use this idea. Royalties. Thank you.
What happened to the "free" part? :p

Next WFO, I'm searching every one of you bastards' saddlebags. Bet I find some Jumper Cable Helpers in there. And then, by God, I want my fifty cents. :****:
Search some of these weirdo riders bags without notice Mike, and you better wear latex gloves. I'm just sayin' there may be some ladies' underwear or sticky objects that might cause cancer or sumpin'....

Mike and Mike: With this crew, we can only just hope that there are some ladies' underwear; with those SoCal mooks: It would probably be Hanes, Jordans or JC Penney! jes' sayin'

Mike - Wouldn't it be easier to just turn the key off and never have to jump it? Just sayin'. ;)
Uh Bluesy, Sacramento Mike is even older than Papa Chuy. Think about this for a minute, FJRBluesman; even older than BeemerDonS. Thank to Sac Mike on our Forum, I don't appear quite as senile!!

Since you raised the point, I no longer acknowledge you as "Papa Chuy." From now on, you're "Mi Hermanito" to me. And it's free to make, Allrider. Not to use.
58.gif

Mike and Mike: With this crew, we can only just hope that there are some ladies' underwear; with those SoCal mooks: It would probably be Hanes, Jordans or JC Penney! jes' sayin'
I'm jes sayin' I'm glad you forgot to bring your Speedo to the CFR........ and Bust told me that sticky....... er... lanolin...... is a hunnert percent natural lubricant and will not cause cancer.........