A & S open house

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Down here in the Southeast
That's odd. The BMW dealership here in B'ham, AL sells Ducati and Triumph on the floor with their BMW's
Is that the dealer out off 459 bypass--next to I20 enterchange? I was there last summer for their open house and I recall they did have a Triumph and Duc section but they were not combined--they were separated by a wall--you actually had to exit the BMW sales area and go outside and enter through a different door to access Triumph and Duc. sales areas? As I recall nothing but BMW's allowed in the BMW sales area. Maybe the rules are that you can sell other "certain" Euro bikes but you have to keep the sales areas separate (not combined in the same floor/area) Am I remembering correctly or still f*cked up :blink:

Seems like I recall the BMW sales floor area in the center, the Duc area on the North side and the Triumph area on the South side. The only way to access any of the three was by way of outside enterences. No interior entermengling between brands.

Hattiesburg cycle sells Yamaha, Kawasaki Suzuki all metric Japanese bikes, no Euro bikes, that may also have something to do with why BMW required them to stop selling their bikes. Maybe someone could help clear this issue up. Maybe Euro bikes are acceptable w/BMW and they just don't want their product associated w/Japanese bikes? :assasin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hattiesburg cycle sells Yamaha, Kawasaki Suzuki all metric Japanese bikes, no Euro bikes, that may also have something to do with why BMW required them to stop selling their bikes. Maybe someone could help clear this issue up. Maybe Euro bikes are acceptable w/BMW and they just don't want their product associated w/Japanese bikes? :assasin:
That was my (possibly mistaken) understanding as well. Note the honda/triumph/bmw advertisement above mentions Honda power equipment. Do they also sell Honda motorcycles?

It would also be interesting to see how their sales floors are set up. If the BMW's are in the same sales area as other bikes?

Down here in the Southeast
That's odd. The BMW dealership here in B'ham, AL sells Ducati and Triumph on the floor with their BMW's
Is that the dealer out off 459 bypass--next to I20 enterchange? I was there last summer for their open house and I recall they did have a Triumph and Duc section but they were not combined--they were separated by a wall--you actually had to exit the BMW sales area and go outside and enter through a different door to access Triumph and Duc. sales areas? As I recall nothing but BMW's allowed in the BMW sales area. Maybe the rules are that you can sell other "certain" Euro bikes but you have to keep the sales areas separate (not combined in the same floor/area) Am I remembering correctly or still f*cked up :blink:

Seems like I recall the BMW sales floor area in the center, the Duc area on the North side and the Triumph area on the South side. The only way to access any of the three was by way of outside enterences. No interior entermengling between brands.
You are correct DB... the BMW dealership off I-459 in B'ham. is set up as you described. They are a class act too. I don't know if this answers your question of whether you're still fucked up or not though. :drag: :D

It would also be interesting to see how their sales floors are set up. If the BMW's are in the same sales area as other bikes?
All Seasons Cycles in Wooster Ohio is a Yamaha/BMW and Suzuki dealer. The BMW section is separated by a waist high "porch" railing with different carpet. Required by BMW according to the salesman....and thank goodness for dual dealerships, or I might have come home with a K1200GT instead of my FJR :D