A Sunday Outing

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, very nice job again.....

Saw you posted up a report, couldn't click fast enough....sure enough not disappointed.

Great report and fantastic pics....I know each one of those guys will have some of those sized and framed.

Thanks for the report. Awesome pics and scenery. I notice your dash read from 82-91 degrees F. Given your location I suspect the Relative Humidity was about the same.

How do you do it? That just seems unreal with ATGATT. My hat's off to you.

Mark

Hi all,

Thanks again for the compliments. I'm glad you enjoyed them. Photography has been a really cool hobby for me for the past year or so. And riding is fast becoming a great past time for me. Doing both at the same time is really awesome!

Great ride report! I agree that the "cover shot" of the ER6F was a great one. My wife enjoyed the colored drink pics and wanted to know what you all were drinking? Were they actually all those different colors or was that some more artful colorization? Funny thing, most ride reports wherever they're written in the world contain food pics.
Thanks CAJW. The drinks around here are always colorful. They are actually those colors and taste pretty good too! :)

Awesome Photos!!! Composition in many are really really good. I'd also love to know more about how you are doing the colorizing effects. Also, if I ever get back to Malaysia, you'll have to tell me where to rent a bike and then show me around :)
Thanks Brett. I'm just using Lightroom and sometimes, some presets I've downloaded from the internet. If you use lightroom, you should give the presets a try. Google "Wow Presets" and you should easily find it. There are over 140 presets that you can use. Let me know if you have trouble finding them, I'd be more than happy to send you the link.

And about coming down here for ride ride and rental and stuff -> sure thing! Just drop me a line. I always look forward to a ride! :yahoo:

Nik,
Are you using an HDR/tone mapping plug in for photoshop or are you using photomatix or something similar. My HDR images are no where near as nice as yours! (see

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jrimages/sets...57602587592982/ )
Hi John, and thanks. I do have photomatix pro but I can't even remember the last time I used it. It takes too long. I just use Lightroom and some presets freely available (see my reply to Brett above). It takes all of 60 seconds (on a machine with enough juice) to do up a picture. Again, like Brett, let me know. If you have trouble finding the link, I'll send it to you. Your pics can look just like what I posted here. :)

EDIT : btw, I saw you're flickr page. I must say, the pics are really nice!

I always click when I see a ride report by you, Nik. They're always a treat for all the reasons already stated. Someday, I'd like to be able to say. . .

I , , , took a jaunt south of Kuala Lumpur to Kuala Kelawang, Seremban and Sepang.

I was wondering if it ever doesn't rain there. I suppose there are wetter and dryer seasons, but still. . . But it's sure pretty. By the way, too bad. I'm guessing some of the forum ladies went through your pics carefully, looking for your studly young friend from the last set. Too bad, girls. Jenny, OTOH, was pretty cute. . .

Good job again, Nik.
Lol! Thanks Mike. There are times when it doesn't rain for a week, but that seems quite rare nowadays. It rains almost everyday now, and usually in the late afternoons. And here, when it rains, it pours. So you need to be prepared with rain gear. But for this ride, I didn't bother as we were only out on a day trip and I didn't need to have dry riding gear the next day. Plus, its pretty fun to ride in the wet and get yourself cooled down after a day of riding in the hot and humid conditions here.

Lol about the forum ladies looking for studs!

I may never post a picture again, you have a great eye for using a camara!Thanks for the ride.
Aw, don't say that. I'm sure everyone looks through everyone else's posts to enjoy the RRs. Its like the next best thing to being there. Keep taking pics and posting them here. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You riders ride on the wrong side of the road :bike:
Lol!

Thanks for the report. Awesome pics and scenery. I notice your dash read from 82-91 degrees F. Given your location I suspect the Relative Humidity was about the same.
How do you do it? That just seems unreal with ATGATT. My hat's off to you.

Mark
Thanks Mark. Actually, that day was not as warm as it normally is around here. Its usually 98 deg F. And humidity is usually between 70 to 80% (I think). But yes, we always ride ATGATT. Everyone rides wearing some kind of mesh jacket and pants so that you get the wind blowing through the material. But even then, you'll probably be sweating just a bit, unless you're riding in the highlands. All in all, it's quite comfortable when we're moving. Plus, with the FJR, I like to bring the windscreen all the way up so that I can pop open my visor about halfway to get lots of fresh air. You'd probably only get uncomfortably hot if you stop for too long, say at a traffic light.

I love your pictures--not just the content but the style. And it's so cool to see another country for a change, and an education.
A BIG +1 to those sentiments!! The photos are visually stunning and the commentary engaging... well done!! :clapping:
Thanks Tyler! :)

Last edited by a moderator: