A word about heated gear.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warsw

Reaction score
I just have to rave about my heated gear. I have Gerbings gloves and jacket liner but I think that all the brands work about as well.

I went for a ride today (380mi). It was 21deg at 7am this morning when I left the house. For the first 2hrs of the ride it didn't get above 28deg. I had the gloves just barely turned on and the liner turned up about halfway. I stayed toasty the whole time. I could actually turn the liner up to a point that it was waay too hot even at 21deg. The heated gear made the difference between a fun ride and freezing my butt off. I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!

I know, I know, most of you guys already know how great this stuff really is but for me it was a new experience. I just had to tell somebody.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just did the same thing with Gerbings jacket linner, gloves and pants. I was shocked to feel how good this stuff really worked. Battery voltage held fine with everything running about 50% or so. Any more wasn't needed.

This will definetly extend the riding season making them a good bargain. If I can ride another two months a year they will pay for themselves in fuel savings compared to the truck @ 14MPG.

Now if the ice would just melt. :angry2:

Last edited by a moderator:
how do you adjust the heat level on each??

Gerbings, and others, sells electronic rheostats that you can permanently mount on your bike or just clip to you belt so you can adjust the temp. They sell a single, which will control the entire suit or a dual which will seperate the top from the bottom. Or the gloves from the vest or whatever you want.

I have a Gerbings jacket liner that I used with the GW. If someone wants it make me an offer. I'm haveing them put heat in my First Gear liner so won't use the Gerbings any more. Trying to reduce the amount of stull I take on the FJR.

Phil

I have a Gerbings jacket liner that I used with the GW. If someone wants it make me an offer. I'm haveing them put heat in my First Gear liner so won't use the Gerbings any more. Trying to reduce the amount of stull I take on the FJR.
Phil
Learn something every day I guess. I always thought the best solution to heated gear was to heat what you already have, I just didn't think it was done. Is Gerbings doing that? What is the cost?

in addition to an electric vest and electric jacket liner, i was able to score one of those aerostich windblocker jerseys on ebay. they really help out a lot, without having to add more thick bulk to your wardrobe. long sleeve shirt, electrics, windblocker, and aerostich suit, and i'm good for temps above 20F.