ABS Broken - Are all units the same?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How often you change the brake fluids pista?I think that the problem caused from old dirty brake fluids mixed with some moisture in the system and then this causes corrosion and stuck valves inside the unit..Αlso we must activate the ABS front and rear regularly to prevent sticking.My opinion..

According to YMC, abs shall be activated at least at each service, through the abs connector. The aim of this operation is the renew of hydraulic fluid in the ABS unit.

After, I have discovered last week an another weak link on FJR oldest than 2008.
The rear sensor... Visibly it has two problemes with time:
- the solenoïd break, it's the most case. In that case, you have an abs error, and ECU ABS stay joinable (through the abs connector). And on display, you can have error code
- the solenoïd had a nul resistor with the ground. In that case, even if resistor of sensor is good, the ABS ECU is not able to use this information. Moreover, it is not joinable, and the purge is impossible. And of course, you have no speed information. To read error code, you are obliged to check digital signal with an osciloscop or an analogic voltmetre

The Housing of ABS Sensor Rear was modified in 2008