Absolutely nothing wrong with my 2005 FJR1300ATC

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No problems!? Are you kidding!? Lemme tell you about my FJR!
I was warming my bike up sitting on the centerstand this morning parked next to a tree. I noticed a high pitch squeal/screech for a fraction of a second when starting the bike.

I shifted 55 times in a minute; then the throttle got too sensitive; the seat was too hard, my grips were too hard the throttle spring was too hard and it started ticking and roasted my left leg so I put the sidestand down to take it off the centerstand. I pulled the front brake lever in until it touched the grip. The front end clunked and I stripped the oil pan while I was gently squeezing my anti-lock brakes like an orange to keep them from locking up.

When I was lowering it off the centerstand, the sidestand collapsed and it landed on my metal slider which broke my frame causing my Metzeler tire to fail and both sidebags to unlock and fall off. The car swerving into my lane couldn't hear my wimpy horn and there was no grease on my spline. It was wobbling at 48.5 mph and the buzzing was making my hands numb. I couldn't hear anything 'cuz of the static in my intercom.

The glovebox wouldn't open and the suspension was too mushy. My cover wore the paint off the tops of my mirrors.

Picking it up, I tore my bicep, wrenched my back, both knees and got monkey butt....
We warned you about using that synthetic oil!!

I'm with OV on this one. 51K on my 05 ABS in under 3 years and the only problem I have is replacing rear tires every 8 months. No reason to even think about another bike at this point.

John

Best bike I ever owned...3.5 years later...still the best bike I ever owned. No complaints. I even enjoy riding with some of the others that ride 'em, too.

I was warming my bike up sitting on the centerstand this morning parked next to a tree. I noticed a high pitch squeal/screech for a fraction of a second when starting the bike.

I shifted 55 times in a minute; then the throttle got too sensitive; the seat was too hard, my grips were too hard the throttle spring was too hard and it started ticking and roasted my left leg so I put the sidestand down to take it off the centerstand. I pulled the front brake lever in until it touched the grip. The front end clunked and I stripped the oil pan while I was gently squeezing my anti-lock brakes like an orange to keep them from locking up.

When I was lowering it off the centerstand, the sidestand collapsed and it landed on my metal slider which broke my frame causing my Metzeler tire to fail and both sidebags to unlock and fall off. The car swerving into my lane couldn't hear my wimpy horn and there was no grease on my spline. It was wobbling at 48.5 mph and the buzzing was making my hands numb. I couldn't hear anything 'cuz of the static in my intercom.

The glovebox wouldn't open and the suspension was too mushy. My cover wore the paint off the tops of my mirrors.

Picking it up, I tore my bicep, wrenched my back, both knees and got monkey butt....
Stop you whinning! I mean it didnt even catch fire :rolleyes:

PS mine had 19k and not a stitch of trouble

Last edited by a moderator:
I just broke 2,000 miles on my '07. Though it's still new this is the bestest bike I've ever had - it seems to get better everyday - I crossed over from the cruiser world - so things like the riding position, raw power, awesome torque, quite engine (I had V&H Big Shots on my Vulcan 1600), Nimble Handling, Generous Sidebags, oh . . . and the f-ing cool Windsheild are all new to me.

I'm going on my first big trip August 3-5th - from Rochester NY to Cleveland OH - - 350 miles each way. I know to some that doesn't seem like a big trip - but for me it's great to be able to ride my FJR that long - if I did 350 miles in a day on my last bike my back would have been killing me and I would have felt like a pinata at a 10 years olds birthday party.

For the money the FJR is an awesome bike - my freind who has a BMW can't stop drooling on it - if ihe does it again I'm thinking of urinating in his coolant resovoir - oh wait his BMW doesn't have one - crap.

Mine's fine, no gripes, no regrets other than I'd like to ride more. Oh and Houston heat sucks in the summer. Thats my whine for the day.

Yep I knew that would happen - I told you guys never never warm up your FJR. Start her in 1st while sittin on her and soon as she starts give her full throttle right through the gears and this won't happen - funny story - P.Braido :yahoo:

My 2005 has been excellent. It has only 10,000 miles but I haven't even had to do a TBS yet. Just four oil changes and general upkeep. I feel lucky and hope this continues! All of my Japenese motorcycles have been this way.

All this trouble-free talk is making me re-think my decision to purchase the YES extended warranty. i only have until the end of this month to decide. On top of that, I can't find a dealer I can trust to work on the bike. Even though I got a recommendation from a member here as to a technician he would trust, the dealership this tech works for is like all the rest. They all seem like money grubbing idiots who only care about selling bikes and ripping you off in the service area. Try $200 for a first service which only includes an oil change and a bolt tightening, the latter of which they probably won't do. Forget about the throttle body sync they say. That will be extra $$. One dealer's service manager told me there's no need for this because the bike has a TPS !

Thank God for forums like this. At least I can learn how to do the work myself. My only problem would be finding the time to do it.

Last edited by a moderator: