Added an SV1000S to the stable!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cruzintexas

Reaction score
Bought an 07 SV1000s because I really like twins and they are not making it anymore. It is 410 lbs and feels like a mini bike after the FJR. My FJR is still my all around bike but the SV rocks hard!

Agree on the SV, I have a 03 1000N, the elusive naked version. Love the hell out of this bike. Take a look at www.sv-portal.com This site has loads of good info....tons of cheap and effective mods, my favorite low buck mod are Buell footpegs, they are offset from the mounting point and give an extra inch of legroom for about $20.... Best of luck, you have great taste in motorcycles!!

My '04 is my second favorite bike, next to my FJR of course. I must admit though that I've been really thinking about getting an RC-51.

Holy.

Thats a shocker to me! I thought you were mistaken when you said the SV1000S is no longer made, but sure enough on the Canadian Suzuki site, only the 650 remains.

I wonder why they killed it. Its a popular bike and a hell of a value! What they should do is kill off the 500GS and the Bandit series. Yes the Bandit's been updated, but still a very outdated bike. At least they finally killed off the Katana. Now that was a dated expensive bike!

Strange.

Recently purchased a new SV650S myself. Love it. And I know what you mean; this bike feels like a real lightweight between my legs compared to the FJR (which I still love).

Doing my first track day on the SV this weekend. Already have a Leo Vince exhaust. Suspension mods and tires next.

Enjoy the 1000!

I had a 97 TL 1000S and sold it a couple of years ago. I've kicked myself ever since. I don't know why I sold it. The SV1000S looks close enough for me so thats what I'm looking at now. I just wish they had a red color. There is nothing like a big twin!

I had an 06 SV1KS before I moved to the FJR. I put 9900 miles on her in one year. I miss it sometimes, but I do love the FJR. First thing you need to do is put a set of pipes on that baby and let her BREATH!!!

Have added pipes ,undertail, levers,grips,front and rear leds and new relay. GPS mount,tank bra,tank bag seat cowl,fully fairing... I am sure I missed a couple of things.. I was going to install helibars but have grown to love the riding position.. I am taking it to Colorado this summer the FJR has been there before...

I gots an '01 SV650, and I really love it. Its down for Modifications at the moment... Woodcraft Clipons, re jet on the carbs, new

Blinky Lights, New noise can. Hell I'll have more money in the SV by spring than I have in the FJR. NOT!

A few weeks ago I talked about finding a SV1000 to replace a TL I sold a few years ago. I found a 06 with 500 miles on it. I ordered up all the options but couldn't find the Vance and Hines cans I had on the TL. I was about to settle for a set of cans when I called Vance and Hines and they directed me to a set better then before. Titanium S4's. This bike is great although I don't think it has quite the pull of the TL. But it is better in several ways. A TL, ya I think I owned one. I can't remember!