Adding a relay for accessories to my 2005 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

73jagman

Reaction score
I am adding a high current relay under the right hand side fairing, mounted in front of the battery, in order to be able to power some accessories I plan on adding. I want to connect the relay positive control lead to a wire that is switched by the ignition so the accessories automatically get powered off when I turn off the ignition.

Would appreciate any suggestions on where I can make an easy ignition controlled connection for the relay control wire. The relay is mounted forward of the battery, just below the right hand mirror base.

Terry

I am adding a high current relay under the right hand side fairing, mounted in front of the battery, in order to be able to power some accessories I plan on adding. I want to connect the relay positive control lead to a wire that is switched by the ignition so the accessories automatically get powered off when I turn off the ignition.Would appreciate any suggestions on where I can make an easy ignition controlled connection for the relay control wire. The relay is mounted forward of the battery, just below the right hand mirror base.

Terry
I think I tapped mine on the front right turn signal/running light.

The 2 favorite sources for switched power are: The right hand fairing running light and the windshield auto retract loop (if you have it disconnected).

Another idea:

If you install after-market horns with a seperate relay circuit, you'll have a spare switched powered horn wire ready to connect to the switched-power-relay.