Additional Tail Lights on the FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In some states the LAW requires, that the break lights must have a solid on position at the end of the blinking cycle.
I wired my backoff module through a switch so I can choose blink repeat or blink then solid.

I finally had someone I know behind me on an afternoon/evening ride(my son on his new FZ-1) and he says these six inch light bars look very good from behind...he says they form a nice looking and eye catching triangle of lights. With the mirror running lights and added tail lights I am satisfied with additonal lighting now.

010.jpg

017-2.jpg

011-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
After being re-ended on an FZ 1 by a woman who had been following me on a WV country road for 8 miles I decieded that I would do what ever I could to become more visable....even to those who already see you. On a replacement bike a Honda Shadow I made my own lights using truck trailer side marker lights. Each light contained 22 LED's. I mounted one on each side of the lic plate on a plate that I also fabricated. Trouble is I had to chose between solid on or stop light only as these did not offer both options. I actually got this idea from WebBikeWorld. Here is the link: https://www.webbikeworld.com/lights/motorcy...d-brake-lights/

When I was blessed with a chance to trade the Shadow for my FJR I wanted to do something similar but wanted more options. The home made lights did a good job of increasing my rearend visability however with the FJR I wanted to improve on it.

HyperLights were the answere. I have had them for a year now and I have noticed how well they work on the roads I must travel. The neat thing about them is their hi-intense flashing when you brake. When I feel someone is following me too close while maintaining speed I drag the brake just a bit. Watching the vehicle behind me in my mirror they allways appear to drop back when I do this. This also works well when using the turn signal function a bit earlier than you normally would.

Finally, I also added reflective decals to the bags. And last but not least: I always wear a high visability reflective vest.

When I first started riding I was very attentive to what was approaching me from the front and or sides of the road. Only on occassion did I watch my rear. Being hit from behind taught me that perhaps a greater danger is what is following you. Consequently, I now watch it all. It taught me a lot and, I will never forget the words of the woman who tried to run over me. She said, "honey I never meant to hit you"! It has been three years and my hip still hurts!