AdMore LED Handgaurd Lights

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BikerGeek99

Yeah, it's a concrete corn cob. So?
Reaction score
So over in the Tech Day VI thread, I mentioned I may invest in AdMore's Givi light kit.

So I was poking around on the neenerweb looking at 'em and I came across this - AdMore's LED Barkbuster Storm Handguard lighting kit <click-a-roofus>.

Has anyone seen these in the flesh? TwistedThrottle's description 'says' they can be used with almost any handguard.

As an FJR owner who rides with 'Strom handgeards on year-round, I was thinking (be afraid... be VERY afraid) that these lights may be a good complement.

Anyone got any experience with these? Thoughts (that have nothing to do with fat old Irish men in thongs)?

...and remember, pups.....it didn't happen if there ain't no pictures.

I bought a 12-inch strip of LED lights (amber) for ten bucks at the bike show. They were wired on each end, so you could cut them in half and have two functioning six inch strips. I stuck one on the outside edge of each mirror and wired them through to my turn signals. My thought was a little extra notice to the guy next to me--two lanes over, really--in case we were both considering moving into the same lane at the same time. I like it very much, and it's held up for almost three years now. Doesn't seem as bright as the ones in the link, of course, but it's good for doing what it does. And BTW, I've seldom met a light I didn't like.

I've seen this same product since then in bike shops, too.

I bought a 12-inch strip of LED lights (amber) for ten bucks at the bike show. They were wired on each end, so you could cut them in half and have two functioning six inch strips. I stuck one on the outside edge of each mirror and wired them through to my turn signals. My thought was a little extra notice to the guy next to me--two lanes over, really--in case we were both considering moving into the same lane at the same time. I like it very much, and it's held up for almost three years now. Doesn't seem as bright as the ones in the link, of course, but it's good for doing what it does. And BTW, I've seldom met a light I didn't like. I've seen this same product since then in bike shops, too.
RaYzerman has something very similar to that on his FJR.

$78 bucks for 9" of stick-on LED's???...What the "F" is up wit dat?
Well, Joe, not all of us are injuhnee .. um, enjinree ... uh, not all of us can make shit, Joe.

Thinking about this more, I don't know how effective these lights would be on the handguards due to the faring, ya know? Maybe I'll kind of mock something up if I ever actually get to ride again - it's been since before Thanksgiving, fer shitsakes.

4663991583_3a356f92d9_z.jpg

I have them on my SuperTenere and when I get handguards for the FJR, I will add them as well, They are much brighter than the LED strips you find on Ebay. I have mine wired thru a SkeneDesign controller, so they flicker for conspicuity and act as turn signals and also, if I went to alert oncoming traffic, if I apply the brakes twice in 1 second, they flash quickly.

i-RnQcm5c-XL.jpg