Advice on placement of Power Commander?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Counting chickens before they hatch

Putting the cart in front of the horse

Going from step 1 to 10, then going back and doing 2-9, and eventually you will do step 10, just don't ask where to put it again. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Ur right, I'm wrong. I'm a bad man. Thank you. May I have another.

Counting chickens before they hatchPutting the cart in front of the horse

Going from step 1 to 10, then going back and doing 2-9, and eventually you will do step 10, just don't ask where to put it again. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Nah, your not a bad man. I have had my ass reamed a few times here for even stupider (word?) questions, its all good. Glad you got your throttle issues sorted, when you wanna play with it some more you can get a PC.

Guys, I gotta tell you.
Today, I went out to the garage and started tearing into the FJR to eliminate other suggestions I've seen on the list to cure throttle abruptness and popping on decel etc.

This is what I did.:

Removed PAIR system. A snap and used NAPA 1/2 and 5/8 bypass rubber caps to seal passages ( with a bit of sealant and plastic ties to be sure)

I also did the throttle return spring unwind. Pretty easy and nice to have the PAIR system out of the way.

Then removed throttle cable free play and lastly and throttle body sync.

It rides VERY nice and I'm thinking it's hard to justify the Power Commander after how well the mods worked today. (previous G2 throttle tube installed also)

I'm thrilled.. :yahoo:

Eworth
IMHO the PAIR system removal is a necessary, because it's useless weight and gets in the way - damn those tree huggers :)

You might want to keep an eye on those NAPA cap seals, the rubber they're made of tends to deteriorate pretty quickly with the heat they're subjected to under there. There have been a number of reports of these caps eventually leaking. I replaced some of mine a couple times because they had lots of cracks in them, not leaking yet but with the WynPro block-off plates you never have to think about this again.

You might consider ordering the WynPro PAIR block-off plates, they clean up that area even more and you never have to worry about the rubber caps leaking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, I gotta tell you.
Today, I went out to the garage and started tearing into the FJR to eliminate other suggestions I've seen on the list to cure throttle abruptness and popping on decel etc.

This is what I did.:

Removed PAIR system. A snap and used NAPA 1/2 and 5/8 bypass rubber caps to seal passages ( with a bit of sealant and plastic ties to be sure)

I also did the throttle return spring unwind. Pretty easy and nice to have the PAIR system out of the way.

Then removed throttle cable free play and lastly and throttle body sync.

It rides VERY nice and I'm thinking it's hard to justify the Power Commander after how well the mods worked today. (previous G2 throttle tube installed also)

I'm thrilled.. :yahoo:

Eworth
IMHO the PAIR system removal is a necessary, because it's useless weight and gets in the way - damn those tree huggers :)

You might want to keep an eye on those NAPA cap seals, the rubber they're made of tends to deteriorate pretty quickly with the heat they're subjected to under there. There have been a number of reports of these caps eventually leaking. I replaced some of mine a couple times because they had lots of cracks in them, not leaking yet but with the WynPro block-off plates you never have to think about this again.

You might consider ordering the WynPro PAIR block-off plates, they clean up that area even more and you never have to worry about the rubber caps leaking.

+1, these block off plates really clean up the top of the engine, so i would image it MIGHT allow for freer moving air up in there??