AE 1st ride this morn....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone remember Ed Sullivan introducing the BEATLES out there?
Yes. Like it was yesterday. I was 6 years old at the time and cute as hell. Really. Frank Gorshin was on before The Beatles, doing what my dad called, "a pitiful attempt" at Hollywood actor impressions and I also seem to remember a Swedish(?) acrobatic troop, too. Kinda lame following the intro of the Beatles and their performance. We sat at TV tray tables eating a snack of King Crab legs drowned in drawn butter (a really rare luxury at the time, but dad loved 'em so he splurged every now and again) in the den of our home on Kirsopp Ave. in Pittsburgh. Dad let me sip off his Iron City long neck to wash down a chunk of crab. Cold winter's night; I had my Pittsburgh Pirate jammies on with the sewn-in feet and the new Rawlings mitt that Uncle Bud had given me for my last birthday by my side. In the mitt was a baseball signed by Bill Mazeroski, Roberto Clemente and Willie Stargell. The mitt was perfectly wrapped around the ball, held closed by a big 'gum' band to ensure a broken-in mitt for the upcoming neighborhood 'world series'. I lost that ball sometime during that summer. Damn.

Yup, like it was yesterday.

Speedfreak sez:

The reason I ask is my dealer installed the heated grips on my 06 and it looks like crap!
So, they porked your controller, did they drill your tang? :eek:
There have been several instances where dealers have installed '05 grips + controllers on '06 bikes. Knowing your dealer I do my own work :ph34r: I'll have a look when I repossess my torque wrench ;) You should have a neat knob and a small red dot well integrated into Panel A. The off position should align with the red dot and the grips should be speed sensitive, cool when stopped and hotter the faster you go. The heated grips shouldn't be obvious.

I remember Ed well, hell, I almost remember 7 December 1941!! I was 6 weeks old when President Roosevelt gave the speech in US Congress that was heard round the world, but only on radio as TV was not yet invented. The words were "December the 7th a day that will live for emfamy"

Congrats on you new baby!! I know your going to love it more the longer you have it.

If you would'nt mind could you post a picture of where the heated grip controller is mounted, and if possible a picture of the wiring in the handle bar?

The reason I ask is my dealer installed the heated grips on my 06 and it looks like crap!

I was really disapointed seeing as they are standard on the AE. I tried to tell him they ordered the 05 kit not the 06 but they insisted they have the correct part.

If I show them a picture they can at least investigate.

thanks much

-=SF=-

Hey Speed -- I ordered the heated grips for my 06A also. The dealer installed them on another 06A as per the instructions and they looked terrible. I then installed my own. I put the controller in panel A in the square by the fairing glove box. (I put it through underside and glued it there). The instructions say to put it on left handlebar????

You probably got the correct grips as the 06AE has a special throttle housing that no wires come out of so I don't know how you could wire the grips into that -- it is completely different. Hope this helps. C.R.

hippie: Juniper (hippie chick name :blink: )

kung fu: slaying elbows :lol:

Anyone remember Ed Sullivan introducing the BEATLES out there?
Yes. Like it was yesterday. I was 6 years old at the time and cute as hell. Really. Frank Gorshin was on before The Beatles, doing what my dad called, "a pitiful attempt" at Hollywood actor impressions and I also seem to remember a Swedish(?) acrobatic troop, too. Kinda lame following the intro of the Beatles and their performance. We sat at TV tray tables eating a snack of King Crab legs drowned in drawn butter (a really rare luxury at the time, but dad loved 'em so he splurged every now and again) in the den of our home on Kirsopp Ave. in Pittsburgh. Dad let me sip off his Iron City long neck to wash down a chunk of crab. Cold winter's night; I had my Pittsburgh Pirate jammies on with the sewn-in feet and the new Rawlings mitt that Uncle Bud had given me for my last birthday by my side. In the mitt was a baseball signed by Bill Mazeroski, Roberto Clemente and Willie Stargell. The mitt was perfectly wrapped around the ball, held closed by a big 'gum' band to ensure a broken-in mitt for the upcoming neighborhood 'world series'. I lost that ball sometime during that summer. Damn.

Yup, like it was yesterday.
How bout the spinning plates on Ed Sullivan. Da,di di di di di Da di di di di di (faster, faster, faster)

Now, if only I had all those Yankee baseball cards I collected. I guess mom threw em away.

Starcruiser: congrats, great report, still waitn' here.