Aerostich Darian Light Pants

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricks.06

Reaction score
After much debate, I ordered the Aerstich Darin Light pants today. I'm going to be riding 3K on the East coast in a few weeks and then out to Montana in the fall (from GA). Let's hope they are as good as advertised!

Anyone own these pants?

I just got a pair of custom AD1s made. I have a 38" inseam, and riding pants are quite impossible to find in my size, so I gave them a call. For the FJR they recommended the AD1 pants because of the sharp knee angle I have when seated on the bike. I'm looking forward to getting them next week.

Joe

I just got a pair of custom AD1s made. I have a 38" inseam, and riding pants are quite impossible to find in my size, so I gave them a call. For the FJR they recommended the AD1 pants because of the sharp knee angle I have when seated on the bike. I'm looking forward to getting them next week.

Joe
Hmm. I looked at those. I went with the Darians because of the light weight. It's super hot in the ATL this year! Hopefully, with my shorter than 38 inseam, the Darians will work. Let me know how the AD1s work out.

Haven't tried the lights, but I have owned and used the regular Darien and the AD1's everytime I ride. In every weather. i also always wear something full length under them, but on a hot day, that is usually a lightweight pair of pajama pants. I love those Dariens. The AD1;s have a greater knee radius and handier pockets so they have seen the most use. Interestingly, the AD1's were too long for my 36 inch inseam, especially from the hip to the knee. A trip back to 'stich and they shortened up that dimension. And you couldn't tell they had been taken apart and put back together. Great service from those fine folks!After living with my Darien Jacket and pants for a number of years, I am confident you will be happy.

mr.paul

Haven't tried the lights, but I have owned and used the regular Darien and the AD1's everytime I ride. In every weather. i also always wear something full length under them, but on a hot day, that is usually a lightweight pair of pajama pants. I love those Dariens. The AD1;s have a greater knee radius and handier pockets so they have seen the most use. Interestingly, the AD1's were too long for my 36 inch inseam, especially from the hip to the knee. A trip back to 'stich and they shortened up that dimension. And you couldn't tell they had been taken apart and put back together. Great service from those fine folks!After living with my Darien Jacket and pants for a number of years, I am confident you will be happy.

mr.paul
Based on comments above, I called and switched my order to the AD1's. I wear a 32W/33L pants so I ordered a 32 long. I sure hope they're not too long. I'll let you guys know when they get here.

Thanks for the help

mr.paul
Based on comments above, I called and switched my order to the AD1's. I wear a 32W/33L pants so I ordered a 32 long. I sure hope they're not too long. I'll let you guys know when they get here.

Thanks for the help
Final update- the AD1's that fit in the waist are way too tight in the thighs for me. I called Stich and they said that those pants were liberally cut compared to their other pants. Oh well, back to my custom Bates leather pants. Bummer!

Sorry to hear the AD1's didn't work for you. I've had mine for a few years now and really like them as long as it's not too hot. I used to live near Roswell (know where Loch Highland subdivision is off Mabry Rd?) and was used to the heat, but now living in Seattle my blood has thickened. On those very rare days when temps get over 90, the Darien pants don't vent enough for me (actually no venting at all unless I can get my legs up on the highway pegs). I gotta go for the mesh pants on those hot days. But for our normal cooler and wet days, they work great.

My custom length AD1s showed up today, and I just so happened to be working out of my home office! I put them on immediately and went for a quick 50 mile ride. As Rick noted, they were a bit tight in the thigh, but I just opened the velcro on the thigh and closed it again. Problem solved. I FINALLY have pants that fit me, with absolutely no compromises. The pockets are convenient and the knee pads, although pretty big, didn't cause any pressure points. The temp was mid 80s today and I didn't get baked. I'm betting I will need some insulation of I'm going to ride with them in the cool weather, but time will tell on that. I have a pair of toasty warm Joe Rockets for the cold stuff anyway.

Joe

As I stated previosly, when it is hot, I wear thin pajama-style pants under my Darien AD1 pants. Just got back from a ride in 90 degrees and 72 degree dewpoint without a problem. I left the zippers open a bit at the boot level. To be fair, I thought it was going to be hotter, so I ran a little water on the pajama pants before putting them on. That bit of dampness makes them nice and cool to wear as they slowly evaporate. As for when it was cold, I typically have my regular jeans on underneath. A few times I have worn thicker sweatpants under my riding pants with great results down below freezing.

The comments about being tight in the thigh have never been a problem with mine. I must have slender thighs (not really). quit whistling boys...

mr.paul

Sorry to hear the AD1's didn't work for you. I've had mine for a few years now and really like them as long as it's not too hot. I used to live near Roswell (know where Loch Highland subdivision is off Mabry Rd?) and was used to the heat, but now living in Seattle my blood has thickened. On those very rare days when temps get over 90, the Darien pants don't vent enough for me (actually no venting at all unless I can get my legs up on the highway pegs). I gotta go for the mesh pants on those hot days. But for our normal cooler and wet days, they work great.
I know exactly where you lived. You know it gets carzy hot here. I just wear jeans or cargos when its that hot. I do have leathers for ripping through the mountains.