Aerostich Darien pant vs Motoport Ultra II Cordura Light pant

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Toro Joe

FYYFF
Reaction score
Anyone have them? are they to hot for summer riding. I know that the Motoport pants are 620D cordura compared to the 500D of the Aerostich.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Darien Lites and a pair of AD1's.

I wore the Darien lights on my 6700 mile trip and I love them. I wore my Darien Jacket with the lites. I rode in temps of 104 to 47 and was comfortable in them. The lite pants do well and can be adjusted to allow air in your pant legs and also you can unzip the side zipper at the top to vent a bit also. The Jacket was no issue at all as it has so many adjustment for air flow not an issue.

Anything is hot at 100 degrees but I have come to the conclusion that keeping reflective heat from the road and direct heat from the bike off of you works keeping you cooler. I was a big mesh fan but will probably not wear it again for this reason. Keeping heat out with a insulated barrier works for me.

I do like the clothing very much and not having to change for rain is a big plus.

Not slamming mesh as I did carry my mesh jacket but never pulled it out in 28 days of riding. I hear the Moto Port is the top of the line for mesh but for the cost and having to deal with liners and it only being black turned me off quick. I am using gray in my Darien light pants and one Darein jacket and Black for the AD1 and Jacket in winter. I got a good deal on the second jacket.

I do run the Moto Port gloves and they are second to none in quality and fit.

I am liking this Stitch stuff better than anything mesh I have owned over the years. I think it will come down to your heat tolerance.