Affordable headset options for Autocom

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n2osx

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
So I bought the Autocom Pro-7 Sport for a great price with the lead for a 2 way radio, but it did not come with any helmet sets. The question is- What are some affordable options for a mic and speaker or mic and earbud adapters that I could hook up to my Autocom?

Carl,

Is it a 7 pin or 5 pin lead? I have a 7 pin helmet harness, you will need speakers and a mic to hook it up. Keith @ Tulsa Truck center has any Autocom parts you will need, he is the Guru on the Autocom system, his contact #918-446-2245

Last edited by a moderator:
that depends if you want your stuff in 2012 or 2013........

better off going HERE if you actually wanna get what you paid for....

R

I agree with Richard. I have acquired interfaces for the radar detector, GPS, phone and radio PTT from autocomdirect.com. Other sources were not much help, or have actually collected money and not delivered parts. Richard is too polite to say he was taken by formerly reputable parts sources. For a headset you really need to decide if you want traditional speakers an mic, or if you want the adapter for ear monitors. It's a personal preference. Sound is so much better with monitors, but it is an isolating experience and a problem for people that can't handle inserts.

Rider headset is $99

Monitor adapter is $50, and you still need to supply mic, noise sensor and ear monitors with 3.5mm plug.

I have the 7 pin. I was just hoping to find a way to set up 2 helmets without spending $100 each, it's just no something that I am able to do. Doesn't look like there are much in the line of cheaper alternatives.

7 pin headsets are available on Ebay from time to time, usually selling for 60 or 70 bucks.

If you can't find one PM me, I should have one or two sitting around ($65 shipped to you).

Barry

7 pin headsets are available on Ebay from time to time, usually selling for 60 or 70 bucks.

If you can't find one PM me, I should have one or two sitting around ($65 shipped to you).

Barry
Barry,

I will have have to take a few weeks to scrape that together, but let me see what I can get set up. Are the ones that you have for full face or open face?

Carl

Barry
Barry,

I will have have to take a few weeks to scrape that together, but let me see what I can get set up. Are the ones that you have for full face or open face?

Carl
Either, whatever you need. I have sufficient parts to convert full face to 3/4 helmet.