Aftermarket fairings from ebay.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a note on the mounting tabs on the headlight assembly. If any of these are broken off, you will not have a sturdy fit for the upper fairings which hold up the lowers and the stuff next to the radiator. Your choice, but if the bottom tab is lost, it will get quite wiggly. Here is a picture of a headlight with a tab broken off:

P1060527_800.jpg

Note tab on right side is broken off.

P1060528_800.jpg

The two tabs that are aligned connect to the two tabs on the headlight.

Hope that helps visualize what is being talked about.

Just a note on the mounting tabs on the headlight assembly. If any of these are broken off, you will not have a sturdy fit for the upper fairings which hold up the lowers and the stuff next to the radiator. Your choice, but if the bottom tab is lost, it will get quite wiggly. Here is a picture of a headlight with a tab broken off:

P1060527_800.jpg

Note tab on right side is broken off.

P1060528_800.jpg

The two tabs that are aligned connect to the two tabs on the headlight.

Hope that helps visualize what is being talked about.
Same tab broken on mine. No such wiggly issues. YMMV.

Trying to post pics...This is the Before pic:

GOPR0340_zps0035cae3.jpg

It's bigger than I thought it would be. But, I guess this works! The bike is filthy - I didn't feel like washing the parts I was replacing. Lazy (guilty)!

This is the very nice set of screw/bolts/washers I got in the box. Nothing fits anything on the bike.

GOPR0345_zps1f7d11f9.jpg

Inside views of the old fairing (yes, that is pure crud filth dirt on the inside) and the new. It's not the perspective of the fish-eye lens in my camera - the new one really is narrower. The silver stuff is heat shield. The post that the screws for the turn signals are showing. I compared them after I took off the turn signal, and it isn't imagination. The posts are slightly askew.

GOPR0357_zpsa7c61fd2.jpg

Here is the 'new' front fender. The new one fits - but is much shorter than the old. I decided to keep the old one.

GOPR0371_zps4721412d.jpg

The finished product, left side. Tri-tone paint job.

GOPR0374_zpsd6f05ca7.jpg

Left side

GOPR0376_zps19616213.jpg

OK, that's all the pics. I used Photobucket, and I have no idea what I did wrong. I spent an hour cropping the pics to center the important parts. I got out of Photobucket, and checked - the only pics there are my cropped ones.

But, when I pasted in the URLs, the original uncropped pictures are pasted into the forum. Bah. Poo. Other filthy words.