Aftermarket seat options/help

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teamx

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new long distance seat for my new FJR, on my old KLR I had a Corbin which was a little on the hard side but it got the job done. I'm just wondering if there are any members in the Southern California area that have a aftermarket seat they would recommend and something that I could check out and see how it looks and feels first hand.

Thanks

There is a few good options out there, but I think it would be hard to beat a Russel Day long.

Everytime I get on mine it just gets better. Best money I've spent on a bike to date.

What he said. I have a bit over 90k on my Russell and it's still all day comfortable. That said, if you even mention looks, well, your butt doesn't have eyes, eh?

Russell Cycle Products

I have a Bill Mayer seat and like it alot. Your best bet would be to join us on the next group ride. You would be able to see alot of different seats and alot of other farkles to spend your money on.

The two top choices seem to be Russell & Mayer. I have a Russell & LOVE it. Mayer is pretty local to you (Ojai) but Russell isn't too far (Shasta) and both have mail in service dialed in.

If you are in the 230# and up range you need to go with Russell.

Sounds good and looking forward to the next ride, where do post info about local rides?

Thanks

Scroll down on the main page of the forum in the regional ride planning section. The rides are posted under the california area.

clicky