AGV Helmets...Anybody here wear them?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheAxeman

Reaction score
I need to purchase a couple of new full face helmets and generally go with a Shoei but like the looks of some of the AGV helmets. Does anybody have any experience with them i.e. comfort, quality, wind noise, fit, sheild availability, etc...?

I have a TiTech, and I love it!

The fit and finish is just as good as Arai or Shoei, but the shape of the AGV fits my head better. And it's Rossi graphics!

The only complaints I can make:

It's not very quite. It's not loud by my standards, but could be quiter still.

Even after adjusting, there's a little bit of air leak around the facesheild that makes my forhead cold on cold days. This is probably just my helmet, not common to the whole line.

Slap, do you run an intercom headset inside the TiTech and if so is there plenty of room for it? My Shoei accommodated the headset and microphone very well with little to no modification of the helmet, only a small slice in the fabric liner to slide the headphones beneath. Sorry for the questions but I don't have a local dealer that carries the AGV line to check out and advice from you guys is generally better anyway...

I have an 5 year old AGV Xvent, most impressive part is the face shield which is very tough, still clear after many miles and bug scrubbings. It is rather noisey, very comfy on my melon and the Rossi graphics still look great. No intercom experience, not yet.

I have an AGV Ghost. It is the only helmet I have owned or worn for any length of time so I cannot compare to others. I find it noisy and the shield is not easy to change and not cheap either. I am thinking of going elsewhere for my next helmet although I will admit that the fit, finish and durability has been excellent.

I don't run an intercom, but I doubt the titech has room for it anyway (with my head)

My chin nearly touches the facebar (does, if I move the helmet slightly), and there's no room for a mic there, unless you modify the vent opening at the mouth. It's covered in a mesh cloth, and there may be room behind.

There are no speaker pockets, so once again you'd have to make room in the cheek pad for the speaker/headphone.