AGV Helmets?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XLR8

Friday Driver
Reaction score
I'm looking at a AGV V-Flyer helmet.

It's really tough to find info about these helmets, anyone own a AGV?

good? Bad? Ugly?

-r

Last edited by a moderator:
I know NOTHING about the V-flyer.

I have a TiTech that I absolutely love!!!! It's the best fitting helmet I've ever had, and is comfortable, plush, and vetilates super well! It's not as quite as some helmets, but it's not outrageously loud either. The graphics kick ass too, and are highly visable.

I'm looking at a AGV V-Flyer helmet.
It's really tough to find info about these helmets, anyone own a AGV?

good? Bad? Ugly?

-r
I have an KBC helmet like this. I don't think I've seen it listed anywhere. I've found it very comfortable and much more helmet than I expected for the price. More comfortable than my Nolan and nearly as comfortable as the Arai brands I no longer buy because of their on-line purchase policy (at a fraction of the cost). found! (sorta) https://www.competitionaccessories.com/more...FTOKEN=27857982

My daughter's fiance has the Air Force version of it like this:

kbc_frce_s_arbrn_400px.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've ALWAYS liked AGV helmets. Using ar Arai now, but I liked the AGV better. When I went down, it was scraped and scratched, but my glasses weren't even knocked askew.

I find AGVs more comfortable, more secure, and easier to mount speakers and mikes in.

I find AGVs more comfortable, more secure, and easier to mount speakers and mikes in.
My titech has 0 room for speakers/microphone with my big head in there...

I've worn AGV helmets for years. Of course since Valentino Rossi wears an AGV, that must make me every bit as good a rider as he is! :D

There was a small interlude when I replaced a crashed AGV with an Arai. With all the hoopla about Arai, I found that it was a very nice helmet - and I liked the AGV better.

The fit and finish of the AGV X-Vent helmet (a newer model is now available) is every bit as good as the vaunted Arai.

AGV advertises that their face shields are anti-fog and some are anti-scratch. I can tell you, with expereience, that the anti-fog treatment on their shields works! I've been riding all Winter in the Denver area without any fogging problem.

I have crashed in an AGV Q3, the progenitor of the X-Vent. According to my riding buddies, my head slapped the ground hard! I suffered no injury, pain or headache.

Please note: the 'race' versions of the AGV line fit very small. An XL Arai Quantum f is just a touch too large for me. The XXL AGV X-Vent is very snug. The street version of the AGV line fit more like the Shoei and Arai equivalents.

My next helmet will be another AGV.

Ron

I must NOT have an antifog shield... or it could be my baklava, but mine fogs like a mofo at a stop.

As the shield ages, it does lose some of its anti-fog properties. After 2 years, my shield will now fog at a stop on a cold day.

Ron