Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ............................ Love that CrampBuster

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sportsguy

searchgeek - author
Reaction score
Oh yeah. Been riding with the wide crampbuster this week. Love it. What a difference that bit of plastic makes!

Interesting, been looking at getting one. Wasn't sure which one would fit the fjr. I do have some foam grips added on top of the stock grips.

Did not look at it very hard, appears to be adjustable.

Might as well try it, since you shouted a positive response. Some reason, I always thought it was for long distance riding. I'll see.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got back from a 800 mile ride this past weekend. The Throttle Rocker (same thing as cramp buster) combined with the Throttlemeister made a sore right hand a non-issue. Have you done the spring "unwind" procedure? That also is quite helpful.

Note that Kuryakyn is a retailer and not the product manufacturer. You may be able to get it at your local dealer for similar $.

... The Throttle Rocker (same thing as cramp buster) ...
Not the same thing! Same purpose but different implementation. Look closely at how they work at decide which you think you'd prefer. IMO the "Cramp Buster" is easier to set and will have a longer life span (I'm not a fan of velcro.)

I tried both, but found the Crampbuster superior because you can adjust its angle and even flip it out of the way if it's in the way for really sporty riding.

I still find that I accidentally roll the throttle on with it when I've set it high for freeway driving, but it's definitely been a relief to have it on as it helps avoid overgripping which seems to mitigate some of the vibration problem.

I'd got with the Crampbuster, having tried both.

I used to have the original Throttle Rocker, (the curved one that fits your palm that wasn't velcro) unfortunatly it was lost somewhere along the way, I've tried the new TR's with the velcro and really didn't like them, I like being able to flip it out of the way if I need to for spirited riding in the twisties etc.

I have a new cramp buster waiting, I just need to find time when it's not F$%#%N pouring rain so I can go test it out.....

+1 on the Crampbuster. Get one for standard diameter grips (oversize is for fat grip bikes like Harleys). I like the wide version.

For around town, I keep it stashed in the glove box. It only take a few seconds to install/remove it.

Another one for the left side may be added soon. :ph34r:

IMO the "Cramp Buster" is easier to set and will have a longer life span (I'm not a fan of velcro.)
I've had a crampbuster/throttle rocker on every bike I've owned. Mine 'disappeared' during recent service work so the shop replaced it with the velcro version. Better than nothing, I figured although I immediately didn't like it. Sometime during my last trip I noticed that all I had left on the handlebar is the rubber band that goes underneath the velcro. I can't see that it would undo and fall off without my noticing it.... I sure miss the original but can't fine another locally.

Are they available in Calgary Jeff?

Kasey

I do have some foam grips added on top of the stock grips.
..on another matter - I have grip puppies on my KLR and love 'em. I'd like to have them on the FJR too but I have heated grips. I assume then that the heat wouldn't get through the extra layer to my hands?

Kasey

IMO the "Cramp Buster" is easier to set and will have a longer life span (I'm not a fan of velcro.)
... I sure miss the original but can't fine another locally.

Are they available in Calgary Jeff?

Kasey
I bought my 'knockoff' at Blackfoot but after using it, and comparing it with other's "Cramp Buster"s, I want to get the 'real' one. I have not been able to find one locally but will be ordering online or getting one on my next trip to the US. I'll pick one up for you'd like. Standard or Wide?

I do have some foam grips added on top of the stock grips.
..on another matter - I have grip puppies on my KLR and love 'em. I'd like to have them on the FJR too but I have heated grips. I assume then that the heat wouldn't get through the extra layer to my hands?

Kasey
Kasey,

Both Canucklehead and I have grip puppies over our heated grips and the heat still gets through. It really has no where else to go! :)

I bought my 'knockoff' at Blackfoot but after using it, and comparing it with other's "Cramp Buster"s, I want to get the 'real' one. I have not been able to find one locally but will be ordering online or getting one on my next trip to the US. I'll pick one up for you'd like. Standard or Wide?
Thanks for offering Jeff but I'll be stateside myself Oct-Mar (ain't retirement great!) so will have a look for the real thing.

Kasey

I use on everyday on an 80 mile round trip commute. It makes a big difference, however, I do find myself rolling on the trottle too much ocasionally and have to reset its placement.

Forgot to add originally - go w i d e

I run about 15 miles one way in my through-town commute - this thing helps nicely. :)