Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ............................ Love that CrampBuster

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure of the brand that I have. Mine has a wide lip to rest my palm, and velcro that wraps around the grip. The problem is that the velcro slips on the squishy fjr soft grip. I've tried to put friction tape on the grip, but in the Memphis heat, the stickiness gives out and the Crampbuster thing slips again.

Any ideas on how to keep the crampbuster thing from slipping?

I've tried some other brands, including the one that is narrow with a stretchy rubber grip wrap-around, but the narrow one seems to hurt my palm.

217EPV1474L._SL500_AA160_.jpg
[SIZE=18pt]Busting cramps since 1911.[/SIZE]

I'm not sure of the brand that I have. Mine has a wide lip to rest my palm, and velcro that wraps around the grip. The problem is that the velcro slips on the squishy fjr soft grip. I've tried to put friction tape on the grip, but in the Memphis heat, the stickiness gives out and the Crampbuster thing slips again.
Any ideas on how to keep the crampbuster thing from slipping?

I've tried some other brands, including the one that is narrow with a stretchy rubber grip wrap-around, but the narrow one seems to hurt my palm.
Get the "Cramp Buster" branded one!

If folks are curious as to the differences between the branded "Crampbuster" units and other types, I'll share what I've figured out thus far...

Units that bear the stamp 'Crampbuster' are solid plastic with a "curl" that wraps around your throttle grip. The design is such that if you put pressure on them downward (in the direction of throttle application), it tightens it's grip.

To assist in holding tight, they come with a strong rubber grip band. This goes on the throttle first, then the Crampbuster is aligned over it. It will allow you to adjust the positioning in one direction, and will not slip in the other direction, allowing you to easily apply throttle adjustments while riding.

Others have detailed their experiences with their "velcro" style units. Make up your own mind - but I'm pleased thus far with my actual Crampbuster and it's performance. Next test will be riding in the rain. ;) Bound to happen soon.