Air Injection Cover Plates

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CMB

Reaction score
I figured I'd try and eliminate the air injection system after I read Wicked Webby's thread from a few weeks back. Once under the tank I decided to try and fab cover plates rather than plug the connections in the stock covers. I had some aluminum plate laying around and went to work. Here's how it looks with the stock covers gone and some replacements hacked together.

FJRHoses3010.jpg

FJRHoses3011.jpg

I had to grind a small nub off of the reed valve under the cover. It stuck up and wouldn't let my cover seat. This picture, although not real clear, shows the nub that I had to remove.

FJRHoses3009.jpg

It turned out not too bad and I like the cleaner look. As stated before, I had to synch the throttle bodies after doing this.

Chuck

I figured I'd try and eliminate the air injection system after I read Wicked Webby's thread from a few weeks back. Once under the tank I decided to try and fab cover plates rather than plug the connections in the stock covers. I had some aluminum plate laying around and went to work. Here's how it looks with the stock covers gone and some replacements hacked together.
FJRHoses3010.jpg

FJRHoses3011.jpg

I had to grind a small nub off of the reed valve under the cover. It stuck up and wouldn't let my cover seat. This picture, although not real clear, shows the nub that I had to remove.

FJRHoses3009.jpg

It turned out not too bad and I like the cleaner look. As stated before, I had to synch the throttle bodies after doing this.

Chuck

WOW.. That looks great !!! I did the "WW" style removal this weekend but now im going to have to build some plates like yours ...... LOL Great job !

Man, you could probably sell those. Wonder if the FJR is the only bike that could use those plates?

How'd you get them to seal?

ngarider, there is a rubber or silicone gasket around the reed valve that the original cover seals to. I didn't do anything different or add any silicone. It seemed to seal fine although I have to admit I didn't spend much time checking.

Just for giggles, would you be able to input the specs HERE (or, better yet, can you manufacture limited quantities yourself?)

Or, if you can take some exact measurements, I'll do it. I like the block-off plates better than the plugged hoses, wonder what the cost is...

Built mine last night.... MUCH, MUCH BETTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for posting the great pictures.

Very nice Job!!!

Little more work but way cleaner look!!!

:yahoo:

WW

Last edited by a moderator: