Airhawk question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcarnut

Reaction score
Got a two week trip coming up in September and want to get an Airhawk 2 to put on the Sargent seat. Anybody using the AH, if so what size? I'm thinking the medium cruiser which measure 14"x14"? Anyone tried their new R version. Kinda pricey but maybe worth it.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a two week trip coming up in September and want to get an Airhawk 2 to put on the Sargent seat. Anybody using the AH, if so what size? I'm thinking the medium cruiser which measure 14"x14"? Anyone tried their new R version. Kinda pricey but maybe worth it.

Thanks!
dats da wun :yahoo:

Thanks!
Yeah, that is the one, I have the small cruiser with a Sargent seat, and it works OK (fits the stock seat perfect), but the medium would be better with the Sargent.

Yes the medium crusier is the one I use. My wife also uses the same one on her seat. I'm amazed how well this product works. I have tried alot of seats and alot of seat pads and the airhawk really works. It is a little weird feeling since you are floating on a small amount of air but it does what it is intended to do.

I have the AH that was made for the passenger pod It fits well on the stock seat and I have used it for over 50K miles. I can do 500-600 mile days and no saddle burn or discomfort.

Yes the medium crusier is the one I use. My wife also uses the same one on her seat. I'm amazed how well this product works. I have tried alot of seats and alot of seat pads and the airhawk really works. It is a little weird feeling since you are floating on a small amount of air but it does what it is intended to do.

Hello,

I have and use an Airhawk R, it is great. The R has the center line area relieved so there is no weight on the tailbone of prostate.

Before I bought the Airhawk R I was good for about 250 miles, or a little more. Using the Airhawk R I was able to ride Seattle to Reno in one shot, just stopping for gas.

When adjusted the Airhawk seems like it has almost no air in it. But it works.

Another thing I did was raise my seat. A lot of people seem to set the seat up to be flat footed when stopped. Focus on riding position.

With the seat up my heals are just shy of the ground. Raising the seat moved some of my weight forward under the thigh meat, and straitened my legs out a bit.

Just he seat adjustment added about 100 miles to my day.

The Airhawk R more than doubled it.

FYI - I am 5'10" @ 185lbs

Other farkles that helped with a 750 mile day:

Cee Bailey +4 high, +2 wide windshield

Go Cruise

It was 90 degrees Plus with ATGATT. Opened all zipper vents and poured water down back and front when stopped. BIG difference.

Ride safe.

Fido T Dog

Your experience with AirHawk and mine are similar. I just returned from a 10 day 4100 miles ride from San Francisco area to ID, WY and MT. My longest day ride was 550 miles The AirHawk is credited with no sore ass. I do need cruise control. My right hand suffers on these long rides. Anyone like to make a plug for their favorite electronic cruise?