Akuma Helmet with Electrochromatic Visor

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to wear glasses so I'm not really interested in the second tinted visor, however, I'm very interested in audio, cell phone, intercom and mp3 like in the Nolan N-102, are their other helmets that make it easy to integrate audio?

How do others listen to music and what other choices are there in intercoms? A cell phone might be nice but not as important for me.

This may not be adding too much to the discussion, but facemasks need to be replaced pretty regularly. Sounds like it could be another problem. And maybe they have other styles, but the one in that first video is ug-leeeee!

I have a Sy-Max II and it works okay but I do not like that brightness does come in from the bottom and it can mess my eyes up a bit. Especially noticeable when you go over pavement markings and it is sunny (Like it almost always is in CA). You get a bit blinded as your eyes are adjusted to a slightly darker lense when this happens.

Also seems a bit loud. Like my Arai better, but like modular a lot too!

How do you suppose this visor would compare to the dual visor some other helmets offer? Like the nolan n102, with a external tinted half shield that I think flips up so its out of the way, or, I saw somewhere a helmet that had the shield portion inside the regular shield and it looked like what fighter pilots wear. Both look great :clapping:
the nolan "outside" visor (I heard) catches wind and whistles. The scorpion 1000 and i think hjc makes the inside visor.

I mave not used any of these, but interested in the scorpion 1000

I'd think sunglasses and helmet speakers might get alittle tight if using audio
Caberg helmets have the internal flip-down, as well as being modular. finding them in the US though...
I love my Caberg! When I asked the folks at Gear up Direct they said that Caberg had decided to stop marketing in the US. I was looking for a replacement clear shield for mine just in case I need it later.

Ray

Obviously a shield that would pizz you off if you scratched it! :D I wonder if the other manufacturers will eventually sell them.

SR-71

If I have an xlarge sheoi 1000, what size do you think I would need in the caberg? :huh: :huh:

If I have an xlarge sheoi 1000, what size do you think I would need in the caberg? :huh: :huh:
How do you like the Sheoi RF1000? How is the airflow amd moise levels?

I just purchased that to go along with my cool new FJ... <_<

Originally I was thinking about getting the Scorpion EXO 1000, but it seemed a bit heavy and wasn't as comfortable as the RF1000.

Great helmet, for both me and my wife. I needed to get the smaller cheek pads for comfort. But the helmet is quiet and vents well.

very cool. however, i think i'd take a fog-free shield over an instantaneous tint shield. and i'm not talking that pinlock, i'm talking one that goes with the helmet and works. i'll always carry sunglasses around with me, so carrying two shields isn't an issue. a constantly fogging shield (shoei rf-1000) in under 50 degree temps is.

(not a hijack asking for suggestions to remedy a fogging problem, just stating my priorities)

dean

cincinnati

Well, thats true, it does fog. But I mostly ride with the shield cracked with the fancy lever on the left. Dont they sell something to divert your breath and hence no fog? And as I wear glasses, I get tired of carrying misc crap all the time. And the flip down tinted shield looks great...

I'd like to see it on more racers in lieu of stunters. It's not impressive to be on a stunter who prolly wouldn't wear a helmet unless he was being paid to. These don't have a crash record yet...

Has Akuma released this Electrochromatic visor anywhere? I saw the video from 2008 but still can't find one on the web for sale.