Alarm Ignition Disable

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vamirr

Reaction score
I'm looking for a wire to cut into for the ignition disable module of my scorpio alarm.

If there's a wire going from the electric starting circuit to the ECU, that would be ideal. I'm looking for something around that general area. I'm a little hesitant to start messing around in the front of the bike.

Should the event occur that I'd actually need the ignition disabled, I'd rather the engine not turn over at all. That being said, I'd rather not do the fuel pump method, but if it's easy to get to, then so be it.

To prevent the starter from turning you could cut the side stand wire, neutral switch wire, just about any wire going to the starting cut off relay (in the nose) or either wire going to/from the red kill switch on the right side handlebar.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a proximity/pager/alarm on my '06 called the Phanton-X that I was beta trialling for the designers. It hasn't hit the market that I know of, but the experience was interesting and the product has proved to be excellent.

You do NOT want to wire up anything that will cut the engine when it is running, which implies you want to cut the starter switch. Why? Because if the alarm acts up you don't want to find yourself decelerating while runing at high speed in traffic.

So, on the left side under the lower cowling is a 10 pin connector with 9 pins wired. The connector has virtually evey signal you'll need, except perhaps a decent ground - besides, the power should come from the battery.

The Blue-White wire is the starter button - put your kill output from the alarm in series with that (and, cut the wires on the female connector side so that if you mess up you can remove the cable and connector from the bike to work on it or replace it . . .

The color codes that I cared about on the connector are:

Red-White - Accessory power

Blue-White - Starter button

Dark Green - Left flasher

Chocolate - Right Flasher

Note that there's a 'chocolate' wire and a 'brown' wire - don't ask me why they would have 2 wires so close in color, but the chocolate is the darker brown one.

I'm looking for a wire to cut into for the ignition disable module of my scorpio alarm.
If there's a wire going from the electric starting circuit to the ECU, that would be ideal. I'm looking for something around that general area. I'm a little hesitant to start messing around in the front of the bike.

Should the event occur that I'd actually need the ignition disabled, I'd rather the engine not turn over at all. That being said, I'd rather not do the fuel pump method, but if it's easy to get to, then so be it.
Hey Vamirr,

I installed mine directly to the fuel pump & even though you are hesitant to do so here me out first. Then make your own decision. Raise the gas tank & the connector closest to the right side has two wires to the fuel pump. Even though I did this mod only 3 months ago, the old memory isn't what it used to be....I believe the wire was blue/another color, but you can be sure by putting a test light to the wire. When you turn the ignition key & kill switch on, you hear the fuel pump load up then stop. The correct wire will light while the pump is loading & then go out until you actually start the bike.

Not only does the ignition disabler work like it should the motor doesn't die immediately, you can feel it start to sputter while the fuel is running out. I think this way is better because if accidentally triggered while your riding you get some advanced notice.

Besides, I believe that this feature was meant to be an anti-hijacking feature. If forced off your bike by someone with a weapon (it is happening with increased frequency here in NYC) it is better to give the bike up without a struggle & as they ride away you remote disable. In less than 20 seconds the bike will die, the hijacker is left in the middle of the street unable to restart it & hopefully you will have disappeared from his line of sight so he can't return to you.

This is only possible if you separate the ignition key from the remote & place it in your pocket before you ride your bike. If they are together your screwed!