Alarms

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not for home I have very secure storage, it for trips,

I'm always a little nervous leaving the bike outside at strange motels, you know the ones you pick when it's real late and you know you have to stop, and don't give a rats ass about the room cause your gone in 6 hrs.

Yes I have locks and a cover but having the bile ripped off a 1000 miles from home has to suck.

Use to leave it out by the front lobby so it could be watched but had a bad experience with one of the clerks messing with it. (I caught him red handed as I went back to get my maps I had left in the side cases), The night manager sent him packing and offered the room for free but I was so spooked I rode down the road for an hour and found another place.

Was wondering the same thing....

Sure, nobody pays attention when the stupid horn goes beep beep beep... but when my pager goes off saying my bike is being messed with and I arrive at the scene, uhh, well prepared or the I've called the LEO's, then that DOES matter..

I'd be interested in an alarm that had remote notification capability e.g. pager, cell phone, etc., one that disabled the ignition, locked the brakes, applied 80 kVdc to all metal surfaces...

ok, I'll settle for the remote notification.

I, too, am looking for a simple solution to set up a "travelling" alarm for the Bates Motel scenarios. There are some very bright folks in the this Forum who must have done more than set a can half full of rocks on the seat.

Thinking about getting an alarm, any recommedations?Chris
As much as I hate empowering our resident troll, I did look at the link posted here and thought it looked like a decent paging alarm.

say it aint so!!!

the best deterent is put the bike in your first floor Motel room!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
A few years ago I came across an ad in RIDE I believe ( it was a Euro rag) and came across an ad for the coolest alarm I had ever seen. It was called the MST Bike Guard made by MST international. It had a GSM unit on it which would send you a text message to your cell phone if the alarm went off. You could also send the alarm a message and have it do various things as well. If you bike did get stolen, they will tell you the cell grid that the bike is currently in. The unfortunate thing about this alarm is the fact that it is available only in Europe. I sent them an email back then asking if they had plans to sell in North America and they said 'Maybe' I've checked on it from time to time, but haven't seen any word about it coming over here. :(

Definitely love my Scorpio. Has a remote notification and programmability out the arse.

Check it: clickity-clicky.

The factory connector makes it idiot easy. While it won't prevent someone from lifting the bike into a truck (only a Lo-Jack or comprehensive insurance will), it would give me a fighting chance.

I have the immobilizer but not the battery back-up or proximity sensor. I am thinking of adding the proximity sensor - it's cheap enough. I described my immobilizer install here clickity-clicky.

-BD