Alaska Leather sheepskin pad

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just installed the medium Alaska pad that was on sale. A little longer than I'd like, and there is one area the size of a quarter that has almost no nap, but it rides on the side of the seat area, so it should be a non-issue.

$50 for a sheepskin seat cover? That is for a synthetic isn't it? Is there a difference in comfort between a fake and the real thing?

I just ordered one last week on the weekly special for under $30.00 with the $7.00 shipping included. Crazy cheep! I received the seat cover Monday and appears to be well worth the money but have not had the opportunity to try it out yet. Simple one strap design so I could see where the front could flap up when standing but it seems it could be tucked inbetween the seat and tank to secure it. alaskaleatheronline.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ordered one last week on the weekly special for under $30.00 with the $7.00 shipping included. Crazy cheep! I received the seat cover Monday and appears to be well worth the money but have not had the opportunity to try it out yet. Simple one strap design so I could see where the front could flap up when standing but it seems it could be tucked inbetween the seat and tank to secure it. alaskaleatheronline.com
I got one as well. I haven't tried it either, but I was thinking I'd let it drape over the back support/lip of the rider/pillion seat connection (hope that makes sense). My thought is the FJR should have enough wind protection to keep the sheepskin down in the front, while the overlap at the back would be useful padding as I reposition my butt during a long ride.

Waiting for my sheep skin to arrive. I had them put the extra strap in front to make sure it stays in place and does not slip around. This weekend is a 300+ mile trip, I hope it improves my sitting time.

The sheep skin definitely helped. 340 miles yesterday and I could do it again today. Worked well for 37 dollars delivered.

The sheep skin definitely helped. 340 miles yesterday and I could do it again today. Worked well for 37 dollars delivered.
Da butt made it all the without no major malfunction huh? Does that mean the trip to get the Meyers saddle is off??

Da butt made it all the without no major malfunction huh? Does that mean the trip to get the Meyers saddle is off??
Trip to Mayers is off for now. I am going to try SW-FOG on the 23rd of this month if they will take me in. Need some stuff like tank and tail bag and tires and oil and ........so now no money for seat.......