Albino Deer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheAxeman

Reaction score
Michelle and I were on the road last night on our way to her company Christmas party and we were driving along a road that parrallels the ocean for 10 miles or so. Driving at about 20 miles an hour, a competely white deer just walked across the road in front of us! :eek: Any faster and we would have broadsided it. The only marking it had was a small black spot the size of a saucer on its right rear haunch. Thats the second time I've seen one of these white deer, the last time being about 8 or 9 years ago. Has anybody else run across one of these?

Looked exactly like this:

mo1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No, but then we don't have a nuclear partical generator on one side of us and the Plum Island biological on the other.

I'm originally from upstate NY, about 15 miles west of Albany. About 10 years back, there was a 8-10 point buck that was an albino.

Smart deer to avoid the posse year after year.

I too live in upstate NY. I am located in the Finger Lakes region and I often travel on St Rt 414 along the west side of Seneca Lake. There is a herd of albino deer in the area near Romulus. I believe there is an old Air Force facilty there and as far as I know it still belongs to the U.S. Govt. Therefore there is no hunting on that land and from what people say, the herd of albino deer is growing larger and larger. I don't have any pics of them, but have seen them along the road lots of time. I always pull over and look if traffic allows. Dont know how to do the clicky thing, but look here.

https://video.aol.com/video-detail/seneca-w...york/4157083878

I too live in upstate NY. I am located in the Finger Lakes region and I often travel on St Rt 414 along the east side of Seneca Lake. There is a herd of albino deer in the area near Romulus. I believe there is an old Air Force facilty there and as far as I know it still belongs to the U.S. Govt. Therefore there is no hunting on that land and from what people say, the herd of albino deer is growing larger and larger. I don't have any pics of them, but have seen them along the road lots of time. I always pull over and look if traffic allows. Dont know how to do the clicky thing, but look here.
https://video.aol.com/video-detail/seneca-w...york/4157083878

had to change it to EAST SIDE not west side

I believe albino deer are protected, albeit not from auto/bike collisions.

The fine for shooting one exceeds that of driving drunk at 60 mph through a school zone of handicapped children.

I don't often get to say this, or wear my favorite T-shirt bearing the same slogan, but:

KILL WHITEY!