Almost hit something new

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a guy right at the south end of the Southern unit of the Kettle Moraine that has peacocks, and I often wonder if any have been hit. He is close to the road.

I have had close encounters with turkeys, pheasants, grouse, turkey vultures, crows, red tail hawks, a stubborn golden eagle, and the usual smaller birds.

I almost hit a pheasant yesterday myself. Must have been poultry day.
mmmmmm...........peasants.............I hear they eat good. :)

Peasant=
peasant5.jpg

Pheasant=
ringed_necked_pheasant_pair.jpg

Strangely, also found under "peasant", and my favorite definition of the word=
41tFGPpUv1L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
How does one cook up Peacock?
It's sad that I should know this...

Peacock is a dark meat bird that is roasted like a turkey. Because it is a dark meat fowl it tends to be dry, so it is almost always stuffed with a forcemeat (bread, milk and ground meat mixed together) to give it moisture when cooking. It is usually served with a very rich meat stock (demi-glace) with reduced red wine and another shot of red wine at the end of cooking. If the guests are given enough red wine it is sure to be good ;)

If keithaba can manage to actually hit the little bustard next time I can send him a recipe or two.

Don't ya just hate a straight answer on Friday. (But it is a twisted topic)

So TWN, got any good mockingbird recipes?

How does one cook up Peacock?
It's sad that I should know this...

Peacock is a dark meat bird that is roasted like a turkey. Because it is a dark meat fowl it tends to be dry, so it is almost always stuffed with a forcemeat (bread, milk and ground meat) and basted with butter to give it moisture when cooking. It is usually served with a very rich meat stock (demi-glace) with reduced red wine and another shot of red wine at the end of cooking. If the guests are given enough red wine it is sure to be good ;)

If keithaba can manage to actually hit the little bustard next time I can send him a recipe or two.

Don't ya just hate a straight answer on Friday. (But it is a twisted topic)

So TWN, know any good mockingbird recipes?