Almost There.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DUX

Reaction score
I'll probably jinx myself, but the CBR has a potential buyer and could be gone as early as Friday.

I have another bike that I can ride the rest of the summer and be very happy on. Should I wait for the '06 FJR or find a deal on an '05. I LOVE this years blue.

I live in DE and am willing to travel up to 5 hours for the right bike/dealer. I'm not completely opposed to a used bike either. Recommendations and contact #'s are welcome! :)

Thanks!

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got a quote of $12269.24 for an '05 ABS OTD including 48 months YES. Is this a good deal?

That's not a bad price at all right now. The cheapest I've seen them go with the warranty is $11,700 w/ABS. If that is a local dealer, I would make the choice to support them. With the PDP over for 05, most bike at the price quote above are gone. I've spoke with 2 contacts that went to the Yamah conference a couple days ago for the 06 bikes, they both said the same thing, they were not impressed with the presentation for sportsbikes, very little info on them.

Alex

It would be a 4 1/2 hour drive. My local dealer has had a chance on my last four bikes and flat out lied to me about the FJR (see previous post.) I usually support local, but not this guy. When they need it, I still take my bikes 3hrs away to a local shop I used to go to in NJ. That guy has my business for life.

My local dealer has had a chance on my last four bikes and flat out lied to me about the FJR (see previous post.) I usually support local, but not this guy.
Looks like a nice road trip is on the cards for you. I hate shiznit dealers like the one your describing. :angry:

Just got a quote of $12269.24 for an '05 ABS OTD including 48 months YES. Is this a good deal?
If that $12269 was for a new 05 and includes tax, title, etc. for an ABS bike with the 48 month YES , I think that's a smokin' deal. Jump all over that sucker, and immediately drive it back to your local dealer and let him know you won't even bother buying a new/used bike from him anymore. Just make sure you don't need him for service related matters :eek:

Nothing to see here folks, move along. I just wanted to revive the oldest thread I could find. :p

guess I'm bored, and its friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW, OK, you got me. I was thinking...

"Over 12 grand for an '05?!?! DUDE pull the paper stick out of your butt-'cause your a sucker!"

Then I saw the date. That was a long time ago and I was planted loosely in Bosnia chasing war criminals.

I'm with Skooter on this one. Cruizer needs to get a girlfriend. Even if he has a wife, he needs a girlfriend. Boi is way too bored.

I'm with Skooter on this one. Cruizer needs to get a girlfriend. Even if he has a wife, he needs a girlfriend. Boi is way too bored.
Well, its FRIDAY again, and I only have THIS to say about THAT...I have a girlfriend and a wife on the side, so I am full up on da womens thingie!! :blink:

WOW, OK, you got me. I was thinking...

"Over 12 grand for an '05?!?! DUDE pull the paper stick out of your butt-'cause your a sucker!"

Then I saw the date. That was a long time ago and I was planted loosely in Bosnia chasing war criminals.
heheheee :yahoo: