AMA races, Saturday June 7th - Elkhart Lake WI

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wheeldeal72

Reaction score
This is the second year I'm organizing a little ride through the Willow Creek Church High Road Riders group up to Elkhart Lake, WI for the AMA races. I call the ride the under 40's ride because it was my attempt to get some younger guys in the high road riders group to get together for at least one specific ride a year. Last year I only had 4 guys show up because of the threat of rain and this year will probably be the same. Last year we rode up there but never went in the races because it was pooring rain solid.

So this year I thought I'd extend the invite out and see if anyone from the Midwest group wanted to come along or at least meet up there. My buddy on his Kaw Mean Streak and I on my 08 FJR will be meeting on Saturday in the parking lot of Willow Creek Church (67 East Algonquin Road) in Barrington, IL at 8:00 AM. We'll leave there at 8:20 and ride the 140 miles up to Road America race track. We plan on arriving by 11:00 or 11:30 or so. Then we'll watch qualifying and the races and depart back at 4:00.

Our route will pretty much be the most direct. Last year took the scenic route and it took way too long. We'll take 90 E to 53 N to Lake Cook Road East to 294 North straight up to 94 north, then 43 north, then 57 north.

So, send me a PM if you'd like to meet up there or meet us at the church in the morning.

FYI - if your riding with us from the church you'll need to sign a HRR hold harmless agreement if you already didn't do so this year.

Thanks

I REALLY want to go as I try not to miss any of the AMA local (ish) races. Unfortunately I will be out of town on vacation with the family. Not a bad thing I just really enjoy going to watch or ride the track. Please keep me in mind if you do other AMA road trips especially Red Bud in Michigan. I will definitely be going. Thanks anyway for the open offer. :angry2:

Dave

PS. I actually work in Wheeling off of Dundee and Wheeling Rd. OMAX Waterjet systems.