AMA SuperBike Races at Barber

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoCage

formerly SouthernFJR
Reaction score
April 21 - 23... Who's going? Barber has one of the best tracks in the country, and a motorcycle museum second to none. Anywho... it's a lot of fun.

I was thinking for lunch on Saturday, it would be fun to ride to 29Dreams motorcycle resort that's not too far from Barber via some great twisties. Here's the link to Barber and here' the link to 29Dreams

Here are some pics from last year's race taken by Elaine Martin...

1181900-R2-011-4.jpg
1181900-R3-027-12.jpg
1181900-R10-037-17.jpg
1181900-R6-017-7_1.jpg
1181900-R3-035-16.jpg
1181900-R6-047-22.jpg
1181900-R6-011-4_1.jpg
1181900-R10-015-6.jpg
1181900-R6-027-12_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My parents live in Leeds just off 411 in a develpoment called "Oliver Crossing". They are at the age now where I need to ck up on them at least every 1-2 months (visual inspections) So, I will likely coinside my April trip w/AMA weekend. May bring a couple friends w/me, but to answer your ? yea, I'll probably be there, weather permitting, on my feejer. Hell if it weren't for me being there to remind those guys how to ride/race, there wouldn't be much of a show now would there ;)

Bumping this thread since the races are only 4 weeks away... prolly should've waited until now to post the first time.

Looks like lots of fun... can't wait to get there in October... hope you guys have fun at this one... :D

clicky

Opportunities abound!!

I have the same job I've always had--again this year I'm the rabbit! Maybe one of these years they'll catch me?---not!!! :D :D

I'll be there, ordered the tickets and camping pass today. I heard 29 Dreams serves a great breakfast. Camped at 29 Dreams before and the riding is great around there. First time for the races so I will be spending most of my time at races. If you see an 04 FJR with IL plate ONE 50 say HI.

Ok, who's all going? I would like to go, depending on the weather. As of now, the forcast for the weekend aint look'n to spiffy. I'm hoping that will change. If I go, I will head out from home Friday around noon and arrive in the Leeds area late that afternoon prolly about 4ish. Would like to attend races Saturday and maybe Sunday. Monday is a holiday and I am off work and will return home.

So, any forum members want to meet up Saturday? at a given time and place? maybe at the foot of the yard art in front of the enterance of the museum? Alternative, maybe meet off campus for breakfast? and ride together into the race? Don't have to hang together, just an opportunity to meet and shake the hand of common interests.

Any other ideas?

Unless the weather really turns to shit... I'll be there. Like What Next said, I heard 29Dreams has a good breakfast. We could meet at 29Dreams or the museum entrance... it doesn't matter to me. I'm flexible on what time. Don't they close parking at the museum after it fills up?

Unless the weather really turns to shit... I'll be there. Like What Next said, I heard 29Dreams has a good breakfast. We could meet at 29Dreams or the museum entrance... it doesn't matter to me. I'm flexible on what time. Don't they close parking at the museum after it fills up?
(Parkinglot closing?)-I don't know, if I go, this will be my first. Breakfast at 29 dreams sounds cool! It's not 10 minutes from my parents house. You got any recommendations as to when we should be at Barbers to make sure we can park our bikes w/in some reasonable distance to the track? What is Barbers usual protocol for race day? traffic, bike parking and crowd control? I'll p.m. whats next about breakfast at 29 dreams Saturday morning. and let you know if he responds.

Donald - Here's a link to the Barber site, click on event schedule. Basically, it's practice and qualifying on Friday and Saturday, except for the 1st Superbike race around 2:30PM on Saturday. Sunday is practice and qualifying before lunch, then all 3 classes race after lunch. It starts at 8:30AM on Saturday and 9:00AM on Sunday.

Parking for bikes is not a problem. The cool thing is, cages aren't allowed on the concourse that surrounds the track, bikes are. They also have trams that circle the concourse on a regular basis. After cruising the concourse some, you can usually find bike parking in the vendor area (no cages allowed in there either).

29Dreams at around 8:00AM Saturday works for me. I'll bring/wear my FJR hat, if I can find it.

BTW... last year the LEO's had a road block set up between 29Dreams and Barbers checking on license and proof of insurance. It wound't hurt to also have your tag receipt.

Cool What Next... you camping at 29Dreams? We're looking forward to meeting you at 29Dreams Saturday at 8:00AM? I'm hoping Crewof1 and Tsilon (I think) are monitoring this thread, and anyone else who's "of a mind". I'm so used to riding alone 'cuz I don't want to cruise, and I don't want to push the limits with my sport biking buds anymore, it would be cool to carve the twisties and ride into the race with a bunch of other FJR crazies. There just aren't that many FJR's in the area. This is gonna be a riot. If there are enough of us... we might even ride into southside en-force to gnaw on some Dreamland ribs after the Saturday races... yeah buddy. And... I haven't heard from any out of town dudes... come on... step up.

Edit to add... other than What Next.

Looks like this one is out for me. I'm up to Nashville on Saturday for a 5 day work-related conference. :angry:

I hope I have an opportunity to meet up with some of you some time.

29 Dreams does have a great breakfast, and the owner, Tim, is a good guy. I'm sure you guys will have a blast... wish I could be there.

Cool, I'll try to make it for breakfast at 29Dreams at 8:00am on Sat. Now I have to find out where 29Dreams is located. :unsure:

Cool, I'll try to make it for breakfast at 29Dreams at 8:00am on Sat. Now I have to find out where 29Dreams is located.  :unsure:
Ask and ye shall receive... directions to 29Dreams PM me if you want directions from wherever you're staying, or if you want me to meet you at a freeway exit so you can follow me.

DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN GOLLY GOSH DARN IT!!

Still no bike!! Fri eve. Its sitting on a dock or truck on the road or sumptin. But not at my dealer yet! Shoulda had it two days ago!

So I guess I will not be meeting you folks for breakfast at 29 dreams in da morn.

I did come from The Barbers area a little while a go and There ARE STATE TROOPERS EVERYWHERE!! I counted 10 in a 9 mile stretch on the way to Barbers. I saw a Trooper mobile command post pull into the area yest. The local squids and troopers are having a go at one another so be careful anyplace on 459.

(local long dist wheelie contest been going on for years.) Now the Troopers are cracking down after several 100+MPH CHASES AND THEY DIDN'T CATCH THE SQUID. So they are taking it out on any two wheelers.

I'm back from day 1. This was my first AMA race event. WooHoo what a hoot! All I have to do not is figure out what the f*ck it was that I just saw. What ever it was , was great. Rode in from Raymond, MS, left there at 6:30a.m. and I'll be damn as I pull into park I see a fellow FJRforum rider parking his bike (I had no idea at the time-just a kind feejer wave). I blow my horn and wave. Guess what! it's Southernfjr. He walks over and introduces himself. Now you people tell me what are the odds of that happening???????? All those people on that huge facility and we happen to drive in and park in the same area at the same time. So, we met and shook hands. I think he had friends or family to meet so I kinda did my on thing today. Since this was my first AMA I just took in the whole thing, ck'd out everything I could. I'll be back for day two tomorrow. Ton's of fun guys!!!!!!!! In the morning I will go by 29 Dreams and eat breakfast, run by walmart and pick up a small soft side cooler and a chair and then on into the track and set up a seat in the shade and make a day of it. Just park my fat ass and take in the day. That motorpark is absolutely beautiful. It was manicured like a pro am golf course. Anyway, I do not know who the driver was, but #11 Suzuki won the superbike race today, followed by what appeared to be his team mate #1, then 3rd I think was another Suzuki and then Honda. Anyway, I was like a kid in a candy shop, lots of fun. Saw a 06 model, but it was in the paddock area and behind a fence, I could not get close enough for a good looksee. Saw about 10-12 feejers all together, the most I've seen at one place before. Looking forward to tomorrow. I'll shut up now and let someone else who knows what they are talking about fill you guys in on specifics..........I'm back at my parents house and I'm gonna go fix another tottie.........later!!!!!!!! :D :D :D