Announcing the 2010 Park & Ride Rally in SoCal

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doug5551

Reaction score
FJR Darksider #3 from El Segundo/Sugarloaf, CA
Chris Ogden is organizing an event called the Park and Ride Rally.

If you are interested in Rallying, I would highly recommend you check this out. He organized the "Mini-Rally" in May which had many notable participants including Beeroux and Sandiegoland from our forum. A great time was had by all.

If you are interested in the Iron Butt Rally, this would be a perfect event to get started heading down that path. I can tell you it is possible to go from an event like this to the IBR, if you work hard and practice your skills.

If there is anything I can do to help you prepare for this event, feel free to PM me or post up any questions.

Doug

The announcement follows:

For those of you in the Southern California area, the BMW Club of Southern California is pleased to announce the "Park & Ride" Rally. It's an easy-to-complete day ride to some of the most interesting places in Southern California. It will be a fun ride, and is designed to introduce some of you newer folk to the experience of LD Rallying on a "gentler" event.

It all takes place on Saturday, October 2nd (with a rain date of October 16th) and is in conjunction with the Southern California Motorcyclist's Association (SCMA) and is sponsored by BMW Motorcycles of Ventura County. While this coincides with the "Land of Enchantment" Rally, if you can't make the time commitment to LOE, why not try ours?

We have two classes: a "Novice" class where you only have to cover 100 miles and go to 3 bonus locations to be a finisher; and an "Open" class which is for more experienced rally riders or those who like a challenge. And, you can start anywhere you like.

The event is an SCMA "Travelers" Award event and BMW Motorcycles of Ventura is donating gift certificates redeemable at their store to the top three Open-class finishers- $200 First, $100 Second and $50 Third. All those who compete will get a Finisher's Certificate.

Entry fee is $20, and if you're a member of the AMA you may deduct $2.50, and if a member of the SCMA or it's member clubs, another $2.50.

Almost everything is explained in the FAQ, which is available here: https://www.bmwcosc.com/

So if you’re interested in a bit of a challenge and want to enjoy a great day of riding just click the "Rally Downloads"or '"Rally FAQ" tab and you can get started

Email me with any questions.

Hope to see some of you there!

cheers,

Chris Ogden ~ Los Angeles, CA

[email protected]

(with a rain date of October 16th)
Really? Do BMW's not run in the rain?
Here is the answer to that <_< :

Because this is a SCMA event for their Traveler's Award, there is generally

a rain date so all the scheduled rides get to be done. Thus, we too have a

rain date. Butt, it will take a real frog-choker for us to use that rain

date, and that's very unlikely in Southern California at that time of year.