Another one down

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ZZ, When I joined the forum you were one of the first to welcome me on boad Sorry it took so long to let you know I'm wishing you a speedy recovery. Do what the Doc says and I'll se ya at the next go round.

Thanks for the well wishes, recovering at home now, may have to go in for 2nd surgery for full hip replacement. Will keep you guys updated.

Larry,

I was away for a couple of days and am just getting the news of your accident. I'm really sorry to hear of your misfortune and wish you the best in your recovery. Make sure you keep us updated on your progress and make sure you check in here often for a spirit lift....

Chris

Sorry to hear it looks like hip replacement. Keep your Spirits high. TJ

That much SUV damage, they should be able to pretty accurately reconstruct the accident.

Nice pictures....looks like you got all the evidence you need if the suv driver or their insurance company trys to pull any crap....sorry for your luck bro....hope the rehab goes quickly & painlessly as possible....(now I don't feel as bad blowing my left knee out in San Antonio on the River walk 3 weeks ago)....keep your chin up & always look at the bright side.....makes the time go quicker...(trust me I know).....Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
DAAAAAAAAAAAAYUMN, Larry, for obvious reasons, this is a PARTICULARLY disturbing photo of you, 'bro!!! :( :( :( :(

Image-376F93A8842A11DB.jpg

Very disturbing- face down, not moving with a blanket over you... Still bothers me and I know you are alive and on the mend. It could have been any one of us that day. SHIT!!!

DAAAAAAAAAAAAYUMN, Larry, for obvious reasons, this is a PARTICULARLY disturbing photo of you, 'bro!!! :( :( :( :(

Image-376F93A8842A11DB.jpg
That pix will put a deep core chill down your spine..... Larry, dude, you took a hit. Thoughts and prayers at you bro...

Sorry to hear & see this. Wishing you the very best recovery with speed. FWIW I'm making progress after my spill on Oct 5th. One good thing I see is that at least you didn't end up in a patch of poison ivy to add insult to injury. Best wishes & good luck. Ron

So the big groove cutting across the yellow center line is from the wheel of the suv I take it? Chilling photos. Take care . Steve

Thanks for the well wishes, recovering at home now, may have to go in for 2nd surgery for full hip replacement. Will keep you guys updated.
Larry, again , prayers are with you and wish you the best result possible.. As you know, I have ridden that road near BBear so many times I can't remember. It is a hellish ride particularly on the weekends when all the cagers from the bottom of the hill go up there and test their skills in the twisties while smoking, drinking or having a cell phone in their ear. It is usually a slick surface from oil and antifreeze drippage from overheating cars and RVs.

Your bike took a big hit and I am glad you had smart riding buddies and that the emergency folks got to you quickly. ATGATT probably spared your life. Thank God.

It is a hellish ride particularly on the weekends when all the cagers from the bottom of the hill go up there and test their skills in the twisties while smoking, drinking or having a cell phone in their ear. It is usually a slick surface from oil and antifreeze drippage from overheating cars and RVs.
Again thanks for sharing the photos and best wishes on a quick recovery. Not to hijack this link (yeah yeah I know) but thought I'd share a similar chilling incident I came across a couple of months ago while riding on Bear Creek Rd Rt74 West of Morrison, CO. A head on between two bikers on the twisties: The biker at fault, on a K1200R ahead of me, misjudged his line and took on an oncoming HD. When I got to him he was twisted up under his bike, bleeding badly, pants soiled, and reeking of alcohol. HD rider and his passenger were unbelievably unharmed (AMEN as all survived). After seeing that I've been much more conservative on the twisties and on the lookout of both cagers AND bikers.

Dude I don't know you but from one FJR guy to another.....I am wishing you all the recovery and prayers I can give you.

That picture (hell the whole scene) is really disturbing. :(

It is a hellish ride particularly on the weekends when all the cagers from the bottom of the hill go up there and test their skills in the twisties while smoking, drinking or having a cell phone in their ear. It is usually a slick surface from oil and antifreeze drippage from overheating cars and RVs.
Again thanks for sharing the photos and best wishes on a quick recovery. Not to hijack this link (yeah yeah I know) but thought I'd share a similar chilling incident I came across a couple of months ago while riding on Bear Creek Rd Rt74 West of Morrison, CO. A head on between two bikers on the twisties: The biker at fault, on a K1200R ahead of me, misjudged his line and took on an oncoming HD. When I got to him he was twisted up under his bike, bleeding badly, pants soiled, and reeking of alcohol. HD rider and his passenger were unbelievably unharmed (AMEN as all survived). After seeing that I've been much more conservative on the twisties and on the lookout of both cagers AND bikers.
I was going through the pics and although I knew that ZZ was going to be okay, seeing the caption "Lifeless Body" sure gave me a start!

I grew up on Rt 74 East of Morrison by about 5 miles. I know that road VERY well. My brother lived in Idledale on that road for many years before he moved to Idaho Springs. We used to ride our bicycles up and down that road to fish and we saw the results of many, many accidents on that road. It is, by far, IMHO one of the best motorcyle roads I have ever been on. It is also dangerous in the wrong hands. It has many decreasing radius turns that drunk and sober drivers often blow.

Andrew

DA-UM bone chilling piccies, Sorry for your misfortune Zeek! I just found this thread, I have been a bit occupied with my own family concerns of late. Get well soon Zeek!

I was going through the pics and although I knew that ZZ was going to be okay, seeing the caption "Lifeless Body" sure gave me a start!

I grew up on Rt 74 East of Morrison by about 5 miles. I know that road VERY well. My brother lived in Idledale on that road for many years before he moved to Idaho Springs. We used to ride our bicycles up and down that road to fish and we saw the results of many, many accidents on that road. It is, by far, IMHO one of the best motorcyle roads I have ever been on. It is also dangerous in the wrong hands. It has many decreasing radius turns that drunk and sober drivers often blow.

Andrew
AGREED Rt.74 is a great motorcycle road and is also dangerous for all travellers. A couple of years ago I saw some idiot cager take out what had to been at least 10 bicyclists in one fell swoop... what a bloody mess that was.

In one of the first posts it was stated that another cager was a witness but took off. I wonder if he had something to do with the whole mess...like maybe pulled out in front of Granny or passed her? Granny isn't talking so there's no way to know, but with the look of that skid mark, there my have been a problem before the impact with the bike....or she seriously overcooked the corner.

Whatever the outcome of the investigation, Larry, my thoughts and prayers are going out for you. Very scary and sobering pictures.