Another one down

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As looking at her left front tire being flat and the scored pavement from the rim crossing the yellow line...

The crossing of the yellow line may have been precipitated by a tire blowout causing the quick movement to the left across the yellow line on the rims.

Hope you're doin' some better there kenoman! :(

As looking at her left front tire being flat and the scored pavement from the rim crossing the yellow line...The crossing of the yellow line may have been precipitated by a tire blowout causing the quick movement to the left across the yellow line on the rims.

Hope you're doin' some better there kenoman! :(
This might be exactly what happened. An investigator could tell by looking at the rim of the SUV.

Last edited by a moderator:
Larry,

I'm glad to hear you're ok. Now, I just hope you have a big-screen monitor and wireless keyboard so you can surf from the comfort of your bed!

Seriously, though, I was fortunate to have you around when I last went down and know, first-hand, the kind of assistance you would give to another rider so it's good to hear you were well taken care of. Of course, my "accident" was pretty JV in comparison.

Take care and get well soon. Now that your activity will be somewhat reduced, I'd recommend watching out for the results of rampant "epicurian-ism." I've experienced it and it can get, well, a little uncomfortable when you try on your old riding gear.

Jim.

Still thinking of you Larry. Hope you heal quickly and well. Don't forget to take the pain pills..... :)

Its interesting how much pain pills play in recovering. when I first got to the emergency room, they had already started morphine in the IV, which I didn't know took alot of the pain edge away. It made it way to easy to think that broken bones are too easy to recover until I got home and they put me on vicodine pills, then you know how important pain management is with the better drugs from the hospital are..lol

Its interesting how much pain pills play in recovering. when I first got to the emergency room, they had already started morphine in the IV, which I didn't know took alot of the pain edge away. It made it way to easy to think that broken bones are too easy to recover until I got home and they put me on vicodine pills, then you know how important pain management is with the better drugs from the hospital are..lol
You forgot to read the fine print directions on the Vicodin. You are supposed to swallow with 2 fingers of Jack Daniels not water!!!

Full & Speedy recovery...

Last edited by a moderator:
It might be better you don't remember the accident. If you did many a feverous nightmare may impair your sleep indefinetly.

I was coming home on the freeway in the late 60's. I was driving a 66 Ford. I was near my off ramp in the right lane and heard a busshhht. WTF! was that? I let off the gas. Even with power steering I barely kept that instant flat from taking POS Ford from running off the freeway & down a steep inbankment. Oh Snit!

The picture evidence is very definite. Get a good Lawyer. Make sure you make provisions for them taking care of possible results from injuries suffered till your demise. I don't know your exact age, but if I understand correctly, hip replacements only last so long, then need re-doing. :dribble: Keep them on the hook!

Now get back to vicodin. :yahoo: Best Reguards, TJ

Larry-

I'm not reading here too much anymore - so I apologise for the apparent lack of decency. I'm really sorry to read about your crash. I haven't read the whole thread, but I got to the part where the stupid cager is denying fault. I hope she gets flat busted for that.

Here's to your full recovery and a shiny new scoot. Get well. Go ride.

Still thinking of you Larry. Hope you heal quickly and well. Don't forget to take the pain pills..... :)

They aren't called VODKADIN for nuttin' you know.. :dribble:

They aren't called VODKADIN for nuttin' you know.. :dribble: [/font]
You know what's funny (if you have a sick sense of humor)? Giving this type of drugs to little kids who have never had the pleasure of being drunk. You push the drug into the IV of a screaming, wild monster and see the smile spread across his face. Priceless! (all done under controlled, humane circumstances, of course, for the child's own good).

Jill

You know what's funny (if you have a sick sense of humor)? Giving this type of drugs to little kids who have never had the pleasure of being drunk. You push the drug into the IV of a screaming, wild monster and see the smile spread across his face. Priceless! (all done under controlled, humane circumstances, of course, for the child's own good).

Jill

lol, are you telling us a dark secret?

Jill

lol, are you telling us a dark secret?
I guess that quote reads a little strangely to those who don't know that I'm an ICU nurse. We have all kinds of means available to us, to legally make kids shut-up-and-be-quiet. It's usually best for them to be quiet and lie still before we do the things we have to do for them.

Some time ago, I assisted with a procedure where a 17yr old guy was given Ketamine (aka Special K, Vitamin K, cousin to PCP). It's an awesome drug when used appropriately, allowing a patient to have unspeakable evils done for diagnostic purposes, yet maintain heart rate, breathing and blood pressure. The big, macho man woke up sobbing for Mommy. As soon as she came in, he wanted out, over the side rails. Mommy and I persuaded him to stay awhile.

Not long after, the young man called me over to explain something to his Mom. Apparently she was under the impression that he had been crying for his Momma. Would I please put her straight? Priceless.

Jill

Larry,

(Jill may be able to second this opinion.) A few years ago I also went through some pretty intense post-op pain and I also took prescribed Vicodin for relief. Tip: consider some sort of regular, mild laxative to help offset the "clogging" nature of Vicodin taken longer than a week.

Lee