Another one down

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know what's funny (if you have a sick sense of humor)? Giving this type of drugs to little kids who have never had the pleasure of being drunk. You push the drug into the IV of a screaming, wild monster and see the smile spread across his face.
That happened to me at age 25 after my first abcessed tooth. After a sleepless night and in a steady sweat from the pain, I arrived at the dentist to get my first taste of nitrous. He gave it out freely, and I ended up having several very enjoyable multi-hour "trips" at his office, complete with my own Walkman and choice of tunes.
At one point, I asked him if he ever gave the stuff to kids. He said he did, occasionally. I told him that if it had happened to me as a child, I would have embarked on a search for recreational drugs much sooner than "high" school. Maybe it was just my addictive behavior, but I'd imagine that there are a few more like me out there.

Back on topic, good to hear again from you Larry! How's kicks?

And I always thought "pain management" was being married ;)

Vicodin is the bomb, and that explains why Dr. House never goes to the bathroom.

Get well Larry.

ZZ, I don't know you but I hate to hear this type of news pertaining to anyone. God Bless you and heal quickly.........

(Jill may be able to second this opinion.) A few years ago I also went through some pretty intense post-op pain and I also took prescribed Vicodin for relief. Tip: consider some sort of regular, mild laxative to help offset the "clogging" nature of Vicodin taken longer than a week.Lee
Opinion seconded, thirded and all the rest. After respiratory depression, the biggest drawback to narcotic pain relief is the 'clogging' nature.

I shall spare the details, to protect the patient's dignity (and the squeamish reader) but I witnessed a traumatic event recently. A very tough rider, who remained conscious through a nightmare motorcycle collision, stated that the 'clogging' et al was WORSE than the high speed impact with the car.

To any one who is in need of 'magic medicine' please enjoy it with plenty of water, fiber rich foods and if necessary a mild prophylactic laxative. Prevention is better than manual disimpaction. :cry:

Jill

Wow, that sounds fun. Sign me up for some manual disimpaction. Anyone else, could be like a group buy? :blink: :dribble: :eek:
The patient with whom I was involved, used a word beginning with F to describe the disimpaction, but the word was NOT 'fun'. The pain involved equated to t-boning an SUV at 65mph and flying onto the other side of the freeway, breaking lots of bones. :(

(And the suggestion of getting a gerbil is just WRONG!!! in so many ways).

Jill

It probably was even less fun for the manual disimpaction tech. Otherwise known as the man with the short straw.

Wow, that sounds fun. Sign me up for some manual disimpaction. Anyone else, could be like a group buy? :blink: :dribble: :eek:
The patient with whom I was involved, used a word beginning with F to describe the disimpaction, but the word was NOT 'fun'. The pain involved equated to t-boning an SUV at 65mph and flying onto the other side of the freeway, breaking lots of bones. :(

(And the suggestion of getting a gerbil is just WRONG!!! in so many ways).

Jill

Fibercon works the best..and I know how that person feels, but think of the relief afterwards when the 4th of July is over!

Um.... perhaps you should read the instructions for this procedure first. :blink:
Procedure for Manual Disimpaction
That procedure , like all text book descriptions, is only loosely based on reality. Real patients tend to scream, cry, sweat, bleed and even pass out during the procedure. The embarassment quotient is off the scale, but they are ususally beyond caring at that point. MUCH better prevented than cured.

Jill

Um.... perhaps you should read the instructions for this procedure first. :blink:

Procedure for Manual Disimpaction
That procedure , like all text book descriptions, is only loosely based on reality. Real patients tend to scream, cry, sweat, bleed and even pass out during the procedure. The embarassment quotient is off the scale, but they are ususally beyond caring at that point. MUCH better prevented than cured.

Jill
That looks more like an outline for some of the managers meetings I am forced to attend. :)

At least they are documenting the procedure at the end. We need more records like that in america.

:blink: OK, where's Iggy with the yellow card or did someone get an FJR stuck up their ass? Talk about QWERTY diarrhea, sheesh!

:lol: