another outlet for quality bar ends

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw some of thier steel ones at EOM. Let me just say, I would DEFINATLY not like to have one of them thrown at my head!

They weight a LOT! (good thing for barends)

I liked these and almost pulled the trigger.

I held back because the "HVMP" logo on the end. The people there were nice enough to try to get me a set made without the logo, but we just missed the batch run, so it would be a while.

I got me a sweet set from Manic Salamander. Even heavier and prettier (IMHO, of course) and worked like a charm I was instantly revving much higher because I wasn't reminded by the buzz at 4.5k. Paul was great to deal with there, too.

BTW Here was an earlier thread on this: Go there now!

-BD

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked these and almost pulled the trigger.
I held back because the "HVMP" logo on the end.
Yeah, I don't care for the free advertising aspect either. :angry:

Here's a shot of the new, 2nd-generation Top Gun Bar Ends from FJRGoodies.com.... unlike the 1st-generation version, these have two cosmetic lines machined toward the outside of the End Weight.

Lookin' pretty sweeeeeet! :dribble:

2ndGenLG.jpg

These are installed on my R1... as you can see, no logo/advertising etched in the end:

2ndGen.jpg

I got me a sweet set from Manic Salamander. Even heavier and prettier (IMHO, of course) and worked like a charm I was instantly revving much higher because I wasn't reminded by the buzz at 4.5k. Paul was great to deal with there, too.
I just got mine and WOW are they great! I was doing over 100 before I realized it because I didn't feel that buzz at 4500 either.

Warchild - Do the new Top Gun bar ends weigh more than the originals (the pictue on the FJRGoodies website shows a bar end without the cosmetic lines)? Are there any other diffenences other than the lines between the old and new Top Gun bar ends?

I'm in the market and the Top Gun bar ends look good for the price (I have to agree with some other comments, free advertising bugs me). TIA

Warchild - Do the new Top Gun bar ends weigh more than the originals (the pictue on the FJRGoodies website shows a bar end without the cosmetic lines)? Are there any other diffenences other than the lines between the old and new Top Gun bar ends?
Nope, the only really difference is aesthetic... etching the two lines barely took off any weight to speak of; they still close to 15.5oz each....