Another Room Available. For Another Reason

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you are not in the condition the bike is in. Had a similar "brain not plugged in" event a year ago, first trip on my new (for me) CBRXX blackbird. Riding along last in a group with a two-up couple in front of me going so slow I could hardly keep the bike up, bored, and screwing with the GPS since I had nothing else to do...I glanced up from the GPS to see a gentle turn to the left and the front wheel almost off the edge of the road with a 3e or 4 inch dropoff. If I had hit the left bar to stay on the road, the front would have dropped off that edge, so i chose to ride straight onto the grass and either stop or turn (plenty of shoulder room). When the wheels hit that wet grass, the front went away FAST, went down and broke my collarbone. Bike was fine, not even a scratch. I doubt I was going 30 mph.

Moral to this story is RIDE THE BIKE ALL THE TIME.

Ed

Ouch! Sorry to hear that Mike. I was looking forward to seeing you at NAFO. Any chance of hitching a ride there then taking Richard up on his offer of a ride home? Your aching bones will be bathed in comfort in that luxurious Audi of his.

Hope you feel better soon.

Jill

Mike, I'm sorry to hear of your mishap. Hope you can get going again soon. I'm in Bozeman, about 1.5 hours south so if there is anything I can help you with, let me know. (406) 580-2582.

Fred

Thanks so much, all of you, for your kind words and support. Makes me feel a lot better still sitting here feeling like a pinata on Sixto de Mayo. Michael, Richard, and Fred, thanks very much for your generous offers of help. Fact is, once the adjustor comes tomorrow I'll have some idea what my options are for leaving this lovely town, what I can see of it from this joint.

. . . Your aching bones will be bathed in comfort in that luxurious Audi of his.
Jill
. . . It's not a Fairlane???

. . . It's not a Fairlane???
Nope. His Fairlane is home, he has the Audi here in Golden.

Sorry to read this, Mike. Uhm....er....heal, bro, so you can ride another day.

TURNED YOUR ROOM IN!?!?!? Now it goes against our room count. You could have at least PM'd TWN so that we could perhaps find someone who needs one at the group rate. Any late comers will have to pay full price......

Jeeeez, Mike,

That just completely sucks. I was looking forward to meeting you at NAFO.

I'm with the others - serious injuries would have made this disaster, as bad as it is, a thousand-fold worse. Being injured is all kind of hard to get over, if you're fortunate enough to have the kind of injury that you can get over. So I'm glad to hear you're not too seriously hurt.

If you change your mind and fly into NAFO, I'm sure only half the people here would give you crap (we would motivate the other half to join in the dog pile, so, not to worry).

Best of luck with getting the bike sorted out.

Jeeeez, Mike,

That just completely sucks. I was looking forward to meeting you at NAFO.

I'm with the others - serious injuries would have made this disaster, as bad as it is, a thousand-fold worse. Being injured is all kind of hard to get over, if you're fortunate enough to have the kind of injury that you can get over. So I'm glad to hear you're not too seriously hurt.

If you change your mind and fly into NAFO, I'm sure only half the people here would give you crap (we would motivate the other half to join in the dog pile, so, not to worry).

Best of luck with getting the bike sorted out.