Another Yami top case question...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slade

Reaction score
Found this link:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000U1ZVOE/ref=as...ASIN=B000U1ZVOE

For a top case, Cerulean Silver. $500.00. They are saying it's for an 04, 06,07. Yamaha lists the mounting plate for 06-10 as being the same part. But it's different than the one in that add.

Question: Has the top case changed at all? I have an 08 AE. Gray and Silver. If I can get this to work it'll save almost $200.00 over what the dealer wants $699.00.

I'm in need of enlightenment.

Thanks again in advance.

Found this link:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000U1ZVOE/ref=as...ASIN=B000U1ZVOE

For a top case, Cerulean Silver. $500.00. They are saying it's for an 04, 06,07. Yamaha lists the mounting plate for 06-10 as being the same part. But it's different than the one in that add.

Question: Has the top case changed at all? I have an 08 AE. Gray and Silver. If I can get this to work it'll save almost $200.00 over what the dealer wants $699.00.

I'm in need of enlightenment.

Thanks again in advance.

The 2010 Yamaha accessories catalog list the top case for 2004 ,2006 and 2007 as part number 5JW-W0754-60-01 so your good to save $200. The mount you are looking at may be for the 2004 . It's part number ABA-5JW61-30-10. For 2006 to 2010 use part number ABA-2D261-30-10.

The pad is # 5JW-W0772-00-00 and that will cost $109.95 so make sure the add includes the pad too.

Hope this helps

Scoop

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Scooper! I appreciate the info. Looks like I'll be saving some bucks soon.

I'm planning on riding to the MotoGP this year. (Grew up in Indiana and I get back there every now and then...mostly for races of one sort or another.) 1st beer is on me if you're going.

can anyone please tell me if the top case by yamaha is better than the givi?
depends on the definition of "better"

I have the Yammy, but it came with the bike...but I like it just fine

color matches, I like the look, it's comfortable for my pillions to lean on, the lock matches the ignition key

the Yammy wastes space on the inside by having thick double walls

Givi you have choices in sizes...you can add lighting to Givi, tends to be roomier by design

some have Gaurald or somebody paint Givi's to match the bike at added expense

Givi's I believe are cheaper, at least to use stock

some to save $$$ go with Givi knock off brands and have been happy overall

so whatta ya'll say...Yammy, Givi, or Givi clone ???

Depends on "better." The Givi rack is stronger than the stock yamaha rack the Yammy box mounts on, and the Givi case is a better use of space, easily holding two helmets. The Yammy box may have the volume of two helmets, but its shape won't fit them. And the Yammy box is at least a hunnert bucks more, if purchased new, anyway.

depends on the definition of "better"

I have the Yammy, but it came with the bike...but I like it just fine

color matches, I like the look, it's comfortable for my pillions to lean on, the lock matches the ignition key

the Yammy wastes space on the inside by having thick double walls

Givi you have choices in sizes...you can add lighting to Givi, tends to be roomier by design

some have Gaurald or somebody paint Givi's to match the bike at added expense

Givi's I believe are cheaper, at least to use stock

some to save $$$ go with Givi knock off brands and have been happy overall

so whatta ya'll say...Yammy, Givi, or Givi clone ???
Thank you,Dave C

Thanks Scooper! I appreciate the info. Looks like I'll be saving some bucks soon.
I'm planning on riding to the MotoGP this year. (Grew up in Indiana and I get back there every now and then...mostly for races of one sort or another.) 1st beer is on me if you're going.
I went to the races last year for the first time. If I can I'll be there again this year.

I do like beer too :)

Most like the Givi better. Like Patriot my Feejer came with the Yamaha case and the bike price was very good so I'm happy with the Yamaha top case.

Consider it a deal then. Closer to the date I'll get back in touch. Ride Safe!

I went to the races last year for the first time. If I can I'll be there again this year.

I do like beer too :)

I've had both cases the Yamaha on an 03 and now the Givi on an 08. Except for painting it, the Givi is my choice, not only because of what will fit in it and as one of the guys said, but the strength of the mount is superb. It also looks better on the bike because the Yamaha case sits pretty high. Neither have a very good backrest depending on your passenger. I like the lighting on the Givi case about a $60 option and make sure if you or someone else mounts it that you use locktite on the wiring connectors on the inside of the box under the small spring cap cover. Good Luck

Thanks all for the info and suggestions. I did buy a great condition used Yami top case offered by another member. So far, so good.

I had a Givi on my 98 ST1100 and my wife hated it....just hated it. No way I could've pulled that one over on her. She even said, "It's not like the one you had on the ST is it....don't expect me to ride if it is.." when I told her I was getting a top case. I liked it alot...but if Momma's not happy........