Answered - Sena question re:- charging

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rogdeb

Scouser
Reaction score
Looking to buy a 110 volt wall plug to usb charger for the headsets. Sena SMH 10.

Can't find the charging rate/amps in the instruction book and don't want to burn these new baby's up.

Any advice guys ? Please
smile.png

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used several different wall wart USB chargers for my SENAs with no trouble. I just use whichever one is handy.

The wall chargers that came with my SMH10s have a output of 1.0A.
You got a wall charger ?

Thanks for the replies guys. You did good.
smile.png

I thought to contact the Sena help desk after I posted here (duh) and got a reply just now. 5v - 1.0 amp

I'm good now
rolleyes.gif
, depending on how that's looked at of course !

I use my iPad charger, keeps me from packing extra stuff.
punk.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a USB outlet strip. It has 4 USB ports. So I can charge both headsets, music player, and my phone all while only needing 1 wall outlet. I have no clue the output on that thing. But I haven't had a problem yet.....

It doesn't really matter much. If the charger is lower than required, it will take longer to charge. If it is higher than required, the headset will only draw what it can. A 5 watt charger for instance will not destroy the headset.

It doesn't really matter much. If the charger is lower than required, it will take longer to charge. If it is higher than required, the headset will only draw what it can. A 5 watt charger for instance will not destroy the headset.
Contrarian view - Power supplies, even USB, should be able to supply AT LEAST the amount of current as a device demands. "Smart adapters" (OEM-supplied & well-known name-branded, not generic/knockoff) can communicate with the device so it will change their draw rate (higher for quick-charge/lower for top off or high heat detected) The knockoffs might be able to fake the device into drawing more than it's really able to, overheating the adapter.

That said, IIRC, Sena units want 800ma or better charging current.

FWIW - I swear by Anker brand products.