Antigravity Micro-Start XP-1

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pterodactyl

Reaction score
In the last year Annie and I have had three battery failure issues while on long trips. Different bike each time, and we carry jumper cables so we were never stranded. It is a huge pain in the butt to unpack and disassemble two bikes to get to the batteries. A friend recommended the Antigravity Micro-Start XP-1. It is a small battery pack that will jump a bike or car. My friend has had good luck using it so I thought I'd give it a try. $95 on Amazon with free shipping. Packed size is 6"x2.8"X1". More info at: https://antigravitybatteries.com/microstart/

If it works, then I'll only have to partially disassemble one bike.

Interesting. I had a quick look at the website but did not see anything about the capacity (ampere-hour) of the battery (maybe I missed it). For longer trips where I am doing a bunch of camping, it would be useful for charging phone, tablet, other electronic stuff. Starting the motorcycle would be an added bonus.

They are very popular up here in Northern Ontario. They'll start a car or a truck! Most dealers sell out of them quickly.

I am VERY skeptical this thing works unless it's got some magic involved! The size of thise connecting wires could never flow 200 amps with out major voltage drop. Just doesn't pass the 'smell test' in my mind!

Interesting. I had a quick look at the website but did not see anything about the capacity (ampere-hour) of the battery (maybe I missed it). For longer trips where I am doing a bunch of camping, it would be useful for charging phone, tablet, other electronic stuff. Starting the motorcycle would be an added bonus.
Here is what it says on Revzilla:

• 200 Amp- 400 peak amp jump starting ability
  • 12000mAh of power
Not being particularly battery savvy, I'm not sure what that means. May turn out to be a bust, but all the reviews seem positive.

Last edited by a moderator:
May try to use it inconjunction with one of these installed on the FJR.
https://www.wunderlichamerica.com/mot...e/2024568.html
The charger comes with a total connection kit that addresses the battery and other situations.

Based on reviews it appears to work as advertised as long as it is fully charged. If you keep the starter battery in the garage and need it when it's winter and cold, well, no mention of how it performs. This lithium battery is not the same as the lithium iron batteries and will perform very different. The power curves I have seen seems to indicate that this device is more like a super capacitor than a battery. AntiGravity does not recommend this kind of battery as a primary auto battery because of low amp/hour ratings.

Actual specs seem to be hard to come by. They claim 200 amps but don't say for how many seconds. An independent test shows a useless measurement unit of 44 W/H. 12,000 mAhr is a good rating, it will allow you to run 2 500 ma USB devices for 12 hours.

I guess the absence of negative reviews is a positive review.

I am VERY skeptical this thing works unless it's got some magic involved! The size of thise connecting wires could never flow 200 amps with out major voltage drop. Just doesn't pass the 'smell test' in my mind!
Anti-gravity, dude. That's how it works.

Intrigued. Whatever happened to the ones that you plugged into the cigarette lighter of a car, and that somehow provided enough power to start the car?

Intrigued. Whatever happened to the ones that you plugged into the cigarette lighter of a car, and that somehow provided enough power to start the car?
With the cigarette lighter fused at 15 amps the lighter socket is starting nothing. Perhaps the socket might charge a battery over time but the wiring and fuse of a cigarette will not start a 150 amp car no matter what the shysters sales people may say.

All they did was to charge the car's battery sufficiently for it to start the car.

[edit] ionbeam posted much the same (and a little more) while I was typing. [/edit]

Last edited by a moderator: