Antlers are AWESOME!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any of you other Phat Daddies who have purchased recently find a good price for them? Looks like the going rate for the OEM mirrors is about $75 each. Ouch...
I don't remember what I paid, as it's been awhile, but I believe I got the best price ( at the time )

from Zanotti Motors. Give them a lookysee.

I just ordered mine from Zanotti a couple weeks ago, cost was $106.XX. Shipping is slow as I don't believe they actually stock them, so they have to order them from Yamaha and then ship them out to you. I ordered mine 3/11 and they should be here tomorrow according to the tracking #.

Imagine my disappointment when clicking on this thread expecting to find pictures along the lines of this...

(Taken by my wife with her phone a couple weeks ago.)

And it's just a discussion of MIRRORS! :D

CowHornBikerHat_small.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Antlers and light mounts are installed. Those are some big-ass mirrors - they look like they're going to work well.

Just broke down and ordered a set from Zanotti, $45.42 ea. Looking forward to getting these installed.
You got a direct link for those mirrors?

Thanks, Lucas
https://shop.zanottimotor.com/

Just set the search category to Yamaha and plug in these part numbers:

5LV-26290-00-00

5LV-26280-00-00

These are the mirrors themselves.

I also ordered the base pieces (2) that have been mentioned in just about every mirror thread I've seen...dunno if I really need them, but I ordered them anyway:

4SV-26298-00-00

Mirrors were $45.42 each while base pieces were $3.84 each. My shipping was $17.38 for a grand total of $115.90. Got a follow up email that they do indeed have to order out for these parts, so I'm figuring it'll take around 2 weeks for them to arrive.

Just broke down and ordered a set from Zanotti, $45.42 ea. Looking forward to getting these installed.
You got a direct link for those mirrors?

Thanks, Lucas
https://shop.zanottimotor.com/

Just set the search category to Yamaha and plug in these part numbers:

5LV-26290-00-00

5LV-26280-00-00

These are the mirrors themselves.

I also ordered the base pieces (2) that have been mentioned in just about every mirror thread I've seen...dunno if I really need them, but I ordered them anyway:

4SV-26298-00-00

Mirrors were $45.42 each while base pieces were $3.84 each. My shipping was $17.38 for a grand total of $115.90. Got a follow up email that they do indeed have to order out for these parts, so I'm figuring it'll take around 2 weeks for them to arrive.

I also ordered the spacers when I got my mirrors...I ended not using them. The 1/8" gap in between the mirror and the cowling was of no consequence, but the with the spacer installed, it just looked funny...to me.

Last year I bought the POS aftermarkets on ebay and I couldn't get them off the bike fast enough! One even broke during the removal process. POS!!! I didn't expect them to work, but bought them really just to try them on for size. Actually, even though I'm one of the aforementioned phat phuckers I have no problem doing the quick shoulder tuck and actually like the stockers on the Gen II. But for $115 I'm all about giving the OEM's a shot in the name of safer riding. So a quick question for all of you guys with this shiznit, do you experience any mirror shake/vibration with these?

Last year I bought the POS aftermarkets on ebay and I couldn't get them off the bike fast enough! One even broke during the removal process. POS!!! I didn't expect them to work, but bought them really just to try them on for size. Actually, even though I'm one of the aforementioned phat phuckers I have no problem doing the quick shoulder tuck and actually like the stockers on the Gen II. But for $115 I'm all about giving the OEM's a shot in the name of safer riding. So a quick question for all of you guys with this shiznit, do you experience any mirror shake/vibration with these?
Nope.

I think they are steadier than the stock ones.

I also had no problem with elbow tuck to see with stock mirrors, as long as I was riding solo. But with the wife onboard, the elbow tuck allows me to see her. Now with the antlers installed I can see around her! :yahoo:

Received them last Thursday and installed them yesterday. I did not find a use for the base pieces I bought. I retained the bases from the stock mirrors; it does not look bad at all. One of these days, I'll grab some 1/8" rubber and make something that fills the gap under each. Did some initial adjusting and hit the road...wow...it's a whole new world with these things installed! Like everyone else has said, I'm really impressed by the improvement in rearward visibility. Neither my V Strom guards nor my shoulders are in the field of view now.

img_1224.jpg

img_1227.jpg

Received them last Thursday and installed them yesterday. I did not find a use for the base pieces I bought. I retained the bases from the stock mirrors; it does not look bad at all. One of these days, I'll grab some 1/8" rubber and make something that fills the gap under each. Did some initial adjusting and hit the road...wow...it's a whole new world with these things installed! Like everyone else has said, I'm really impressed by the improvement in rearward visibility. Neither my V Strom guards nor my shoulders are in the field of view now.

img_1224.jpg

img_1227.jpg

Nice job Scott! I definitely want some on my bike. :)

Installed my FZ1 mirrors this last Saturday . . . what a HUGE difference they make in being able to see behind you . . . I pulled the grommets and ground them down so the FZ1 mirrors sit flush against the fairing . . . should have installed these a few years ago . . .

I was just cruising the site and saw this thread for mirrors. The topic hit home since I noticed this year how much elbow tucking I was doing to see in my mirrors. Just bought a set on ebay for $27.00. Can't wait to get them installed.

After reading more posts I expect I bought some cheap aftermarkets and will regret it. We'll see. Even if I end up buying the OEM the $100.00 would be well worth it.