Any Canadians ordered from A Vicious Cycle?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kamal

No longer frightened by corners!
Reaction score
I apologize in advance if this topic has been covered already. I did a search, but didn't come up with anything.

FYI

A Vicious Cycle is in New Dundee, Ontario and are Canadian distributors for Twisted Throttle.

Despite warnings on the Suzuki V-Strom forum, I placed an order for some stuff for my FJR. When the order arrived, I was short a tank bag and map holder. I phoned immediately to advise them of this and to find out if another parcel was coming or if the stuff was back-ordered - they assured me the whole order was shipped! They then asked me to take pictures of the box and contents, so they could make a claim with Canada Post. I did this, but pointed out that the box was undamaged and the packaging tape intact. I also mentioned that it would be difficult to fit the tank bag in the box on it's own - impossible with other good!

Anyway, I'm now in limbo waiting to hear back with their findings. I'm a little pissed as I feel they think I am trying to scam them.

I'd dispute the charge on your credit card if they don't answer quickly or haven't answered within a few days.

I had some issues with A Vicious Cycle over a back order. In the end I got the order after they determined that they had the parts in stock the whole time. I can't say I was impressed.

I bought a couple of items from them but, I went to the store in person and left with the items in hand.

Just a small mail order house with a couple of young people in charge.

Thanks for the heads up because I will make sure I won't use there mail order and

I will order my Corbin Smuggler from someone else.

It's all about keeping your customers happy because pay back in a B*^ch.

@Ignacio

Thanks for reminding me. I have disputed the bill with my credit card company - maybe that will shake them up a bit?

My preference would be to just have the goods I ordered :angry:

I've bought a few things from them in the last year, but like tallyho I went there in person so don't have any mailorder experience to share. They did have to order something that was out of stock. They screwed that up but quickly made good.

My call is they're unorganized and inexperienced, FWIW. It never occurred to me they were dishonest if that helps at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've bought a few things from them in the last year, but like tallyho I went there in person so don't have any mailorder experience to share. They did have to order something that was out of stock. They screwed that up but quickly made good.

My call is they're unorganized and inexperienced, FWIW. It never occurred to me they were dishonest if that helps at all.
Thanks Jeff.

I don't think they are dishonest, but I do think/know someone screwed up and won't come clean. Hopefully it will all be sorted before my cross-Canada trip in May.

I've ordered from them a few times and all is well. I spoke with Eric (owner) this weekend at a bike show in Moncton, NB. I would suggest calling them at asking to speak with Eric. I believe he is off to Quebec this weekend.

Good luck,

Canadian FJR

Last edited by a moderator:
I've ordered from them a few times and all is well. I spoke with Eric (owner) this weekend at a bike show in Moncton, NB. I would suggest calling them at asking to speak with Eric. I belive he is off to Quebec this weekend.

Good luck,

Canadian FJR
Thanks for that info.

Off to the UK for a couple of weeks. If it's not settled by the time I get home, I'll call him.

BTW Should be out your way sometime in June - you up for coffee??

Kamal,

Your message and the replies it generated served as a good heads up for me, as I have been thinking of buying a couple of farkles from A Twisted Throttle. Please post how your experience with them turns out.

Your comment about your upcoming cross-Canada trip piqued my interest, and I would love to know more about it - before, during (other riders have posted Journals during epic rides) and after. I did the cross Canada trip on a touring bike in '07. Awesome ride ... but what to do for an encore?

Suar

Just a quick update.

The missing tank bag and map holder are on their way to me (maybe I should have waited until they arrived to post this :lol: )

No explanation of what went wrong, but I'll be happy just to get the stuff.

Not sure if I would order from them again, I'd have to give it some thought.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Kamal,

Your message and the replies it generated served as a good heads up for me, as I have been thinking of buying a couple of farkles from A Twisted Throttle. Please post how your experience with them turns out.

Your comment about your upcoming cross-Canada trip piqued my interest, and I would love to know more about it - before, during (other riders have posted Journals during epic rides) and after. I did the cross Canada trip on a touring bike in '07. Awesome ride ... but what to do for an encore?

Suar
Hi Suar.

I'm looking into creating a blog for my trip and posting details in the relevant area of this forum.

Thanks.

My call is they're unorganized and inexperienced
This is exactly my take on them too. Used them once and never again. Very poor representation for twisted throttle in Canada. Any future twisted throttle orders I have will be direct.

My buddy ordered a Corbin seat from them. After 2 months of waiting he finally called back and they had no record of his order. But they had taken the money from his credit card. Total morons.