Any finishing mower experts out there?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My input: Plant some fast growing harvestable trees and stop all the brutal mowing. Then claim you are a tree farm and save on your property taxes too. Unless you are charging people $100 each to chase little white balls around, what good is having so much damn mowed grass that you need one of these monster mowers?
I've got about a 1/2 acre of mowed grass (rest of our lot is wooded) and I can cut it in about a 1/2 an hour with my little John Deere lawn tractor and that is still too much, IMO. Wife likes the grass. I'd let it go to hay if I coould.

YMMV
The way my house sits back and on a corner lot also, the lead-up grass makes up some of the curb appeal one might say. With a large swath mower it's not all that bad and if I go up to 84" it should be even a little shorter. It's now starting to take form of a hay field as it's been now almost 3 weeks of non-cut down time.
For me, the maximum "curb appeal" for any "estate" is when you can't see the mansion from the curb. But I'm also an antisocial type. ;)

wow a 72" underbelly! no wonder he was hurting on the rides
sick.gif
Now that's a new one, I'll have to tell g/f about this one! ...Within my friends she has been taking a lot of riff as the Dr. Kuttnutt was ALL her idea. She will be releaved that it's now the tractors fault
wink.png

Let this be a lesson everyone. Never cut your nut sack or sell your motorcycle because a woman tells you to.
tonguesmiley.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
My input: Plant some fast growing harvestable trees and stop all the brutal mowing. Then claim you are a tree farm and save on your property taxes too. Unless you are charging people $100 each to chase little white balls around, what good is having so much damn mowed grass that you need one of these monster mowers?
I've got about a 1/2 acre of mowed grass (rest of our lot is wooded) and I can cut it in about a 1/2 an hour with my little John Deere lawn tractor and that is still too much, IMO. Wife likes the grass. I'd let it go to hay if I coould.

YMMV
The way my house sits back and on a corner lot also, the lead-up grass makes up some of the curb appeal one might say. With a large swath mower it's not all that bad and if I go up to 84" it should be even a little shorter. It's now starting to take form of a hay field as it's been now almost 3 weeks of non-cut down time.
For me, the maximum "curb appeal" for any "estate" is when you can't see the mansion from the curb. But I'm also an antisocial type.
wink.png

sick.gif
Now that's a new one, I'll have to tell g/f about this one! ...Within my friends she has been taking a lot of riff as the Dr. Kuttnutt was ALL her idea. She will be releaved that it's now the tractors fault
wink.png

Let this be a lesson everyone. Never cut your nut sack or sell your motorcycle because a woman tells you to.
tonguesmiley.gif
The girlfriend before I met my wife was into motorcycles when we met. I was road racing at the time. After a few months, she says, you know you should get out of motorcycling, they are not that safe.

I told her that the motorcycle was here long before you and will be here long after you. That was the last time I saw her.
bye.gif

The I met my wife a couple of months later. Broke her in right, the first date was to the motorcycle show.
bike.gif
punk.gif
That was 17 years ago and still going strong.
scooter.gif
biggrinsmiley.gif

YMMV
For me, the maximum "curb appeal" for any "estate" is when you can't see the mansion from the curb. But I'm also an antisocial type.
wink.png
NO MANSION! NO NO NO! Don't put me in no rich mans class!

Fred, it's just a lil 3850 sqft Modern/Contemporary. And, my taxes are sky high as it is.

sick.gif
wink.png

tonguesmiley.gif
2 fine statements of wisdom, I failed on the 1st (of course!)
sadsmiley.gif