Any FZ-1 Riders Out there?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im on my 4th FZ1 and I love it, 02,03,04 and now an 07. The first gen. are more comfy to me but I also have an 06 FJR for long rides so the 07 FZ1 seating position is fine with me. The reason I have had so many FZ1's is I thought I wanted something else and I would sell the FZ and buy what I wanted and was not happy so I would go back to the FZ but now I have the best of both worlds.
Hey UPSMAN, I love mine too, but I've taken a beating defending her... and mine's the faster Shift Red ! :clapping:

Roger

OOps, Duh, didn't realize I had already bragged about mine earlier in this thread.

...that's me racing the camera

...he still got me!

...and

I'm still waiting for my red FJR.

Last edited by a moderator:
had an sv650 before the FJR.

Suspension needs work and the breaks are terrible compared to the FJR.

these are things that can be fixed. I put gold valve emulators, new springs and fork oil to match my weight. I also put a gsxr 1000 shock on it. A lot of people swap SS brake lines never got that far.

they are fun, light bikes

Well I'm on bike #39 and I like them all. I still have an old Bonneville that I love to ride. I realize that there are many that crave the raw horsepower but I am not one of them. I even own two Harleys - one being an '83 ElectraGlide, way under-powered by today's standards.
I read an article about the '06 FZ-6 and thought it might be just the ticket - but the author complained that it made its horsepower way up in the RPM range. Thinking about that... I figured the liter bike in the same variety would make more of its power lower down the scale. That's the reason I went with the FJR. Hey - with 1300 cc's it's gotta have some torque down low, right? :rolleyes:

Maybe I should be looking at something like an SV650? They don't make anywhere near the HP as the typical in-line four, but they make it down low - which is where I am for the majority of my riding.

Here are a few of mine.

https://bigbikeriders.com/photopost/showgal...pe=&ppuser=

Thanks
See the October Rider magazine for a test of the SV650S. It was the winner of a comparison test between it, the Kawasaki Ninja 650 and the BMW F800ST. They loved its low and mid-range torque, whereas the FZ6 thrives above 8k.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bought the 07' FZ-1 a couple of months ago and it has been great. The FZ-1 is great for short hops and going really fast. The other great thing is my wife just loves to ride the FZ-1. The FJR was just a bit to big for her. She is 5'10" and really loves how it handles. Light on the controls and a great CG. When we are out on them, we really get the heads turning.

https://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd246/s...tterthanone.jpg

the FZ is a great bike. had a 1st gen edition. it was fast, handled well and was comfortable compared to the VStar I had. the best of both worlds. comfort and speed.